MOVIES

A Living Legend
Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: The Accu-Sim B-17 is Unveiled

Post by Jigsaw »

cag40navy wrote:waiting for A2A Simulation Accu-Sim is a virtue you must undertake.
I'm glad that I purchased the P-47 w/Accu-sim a couple of days ago. It passes the waiting time nicely and should also be a great multiplayer companion for the B-17! Great plane as well.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

niebieski
Airman Basic

Post by niebieski »

Could you guys possibly shed light on whether the release is a week or more like a month away?
B17 is on top of my list, but if it's still a month or more to go, i can spend money in the meantime on Mach two plane that's been just released.

Thanks,
Radek
Regards,
Radek

Stuntie
Senior Airman

Post by Stuntie »

Lewis - A2A wrote:..... I personally like to hand the co-pilot the three big tasks in the '17 so I can sit back and relax....
Those being making the coffee, serving lunch, and waking you up after your little kip.... :lol:

A nice addition, just as long as he doesn't moan, and he keeps that coffee coming.

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by rc flyer »

Let me try once more since I didn't get an answer to my previous post. I have the original B17(SHO145) installed, am I "good to go" when the ACCU_SIM version comes out? Were there ever any patches to the original that I need or will they be included in the new update. SOrry if I'm asking the obvious, just want to make sure I can get this bird going the second it comes out. :D

Thanks
Steve

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

rc flyer wrote:Let me try once more since I didn't get an answer to my previous post. I have the original B17(SHO145) installed, am I "good to go" when the ACCU_SIM version comes out? Were there ever any patches to the original that I need or will they be included in the new update. SOrry if I'm asking the obvious, just want to make sure I can get this bird going the second it comes out. :D

Thanks
Steve
It is my understanding that you are OK. I believe the Accu-Sim update will overwrite
all relevant files.

Paul

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by rc flyer »

Thanks Paul, that is what I would expect but was just needing reassurance :?

Steve

cag40navy
Airman Basic

Post by cag40navy »

Stuntie wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:..... I personally like to hand the co-pilot the three big tasks in the '17 so I can sit back and relax....
Those being making the coffee, serving lunch, and waking you up after your little kip.... :lol:

A nice addition, just as long as he doesn't moan, and he keeps that coffee coming.
:lol: That made me fall out of my chair!

Zorg12
Senior Airman

Post by Zorg12 »

i wonder how long it will be until the flying fortress in done.... can't wait :D

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

Holding Fuel level=? :roll:

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

We've got very strong thermals over our airfield, who said it needs fuel at all? :lol:
Michael Krawczyk

wildwally
Airman

Post by wildwally »

Ok - I'm hooked like a fish. Bought the P-47; gave me all new respect for these piston style planes. I was and always have been a commercial airliner type of flyer, 737, 757, 747, etc; mainly due to the level of detail and realism created over the default junk provided. I always thought the piston engines were too slow and boring.

Yikes, I watched the B-17 video and couldn't get enough. So i started hunting for more video like a crack addict. That wasn't enough for me so I bought the P-47, and let me tell you - As seasoned of a sim pilot as i am I got it fired up taxi'd and took off; however, it wasn't too long before i was picking pine needles from my teeth after catching the motor on fire. I tried it again, changing my habits and paying more attention to the gauges - all is well then BAM, ball of fire again. Ok, now it's time to read the manual -WOW such detail. Learned a little more then off to the airport, for another crash course. And crash is what I did. I have finally found a company that pushes the level of realism - and damn am i excited.
My biggest question is when is the B-17 hanger going to open????? looks like it's ready now, and I seen the manual was released this morning. Already reading up on it.
Just an update on my P-47 experience, I was up until 1 am this morning still learning how to ride that bucking bronco. I'm not going down in a ball of flame anymore; now i just got to get the landings mastered in that beast. GREAT WORK A2A, I'M A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE NOW (just get the wife to come off some cash)
WildWally
Intel i7 950
MSI x58 Platinum SLI
9 gb Patriot ram DDR3 Trichannel
2 - GTS250 1 gb in SLI (when able)
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
3 - 24" Acer HD Monitors
Triple Heads to go
TrackerIR

nath2889
Technical Sergeant

Post by nath2889 »

im going to need a new carpet soon with all this pacing up and down waiting for the accusim and new paint kit

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I'd love to see your new repaints Nath.
Yes,I am still here.Haven't been to the forum in a while though but I am definately looking forward to this.The manual looks pretty good.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

nath2889
Technical Sergeant

Post by nath2889 »

well Jon clad to see your still here also you will be pleased to know the first lot of b-17 to get a make over will be the 463rd bg Lassie and her lads top of my list then work my way through the lot lol

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

nath2889 wrote:im going to need a new carpet soon with all this pacing up and down waiting for the accusim
You can stop pacing now! Go to the A2A hangar and board your aircraft. Don't forget the $30 tip for the crew chief on the way in. :D
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”