MOVIES

A Living Legend
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: The Accu-Sim B-17 is Unveiled

Post by CodyValkyrie »

flyboy4612 wrote:While watching the video for about the 7th time, I started to get curious about how Jaggyroad films got some of those really cool shots. Especially the ones where it looked like you were walking right up to the B-17 and climbing in. Is that a specific video making program or do they have their own custom software? I love that shot going up towards the cockpit. I remember when the B-17 "Nine-o-nine" came to my hometown airport, the pilot showed me how to grab on and go in feet first like they did in the war. Pretty fun grabbing on, swinging your feet up, and climbing aboard!
Flight1 was generous enough to allow my team to utilize EZDok for commercial videos. Furthermore, I used an earlier freeware version of the program called EZWalk. Along with FRAPS, smooth editing, lots of tweaking, Adobe After Effects, Sony Vegas, Windows Recorder and tons of coaching from Scott, we were able to round out the video.

About swinging into the plane, I would have to see it mate. I got a few chances in a 17, and all I thought about was the sharp objects all over the place. The walk alone between the bomb bay to the mid section had me freaking out. Imagine those doors being open and walking through there. Scary stuff!
ImageImage
ImageImage

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

CodyValkyrie,
As far as swinging into the bomber goes, I don't remember exactly how I got in once I swung up, I just remember doing it. That has to have been a good 10 years ago now so I was only 12 or 13 at the time. Haha, maybe my small size was the only reason I could do it! :mrgreen:
And the pilot telling me that they did it during the war? Who knows, maybe he was just making stuff up. Either way, when you're 13 and a pilot tells you something, you believe it.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

:mrgreen: Is Heidi going to be part of the crew :?: :?: :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

Geewiz
Staff Sergeant

Post by Geewiz »

Gentlemen of A2A...

A BIG SALUTE to all of you for bringing this dream to reality! The video is extraordinary, and the work that went into the development of this aircraft is equally astounding.

Thank you, for keeping this legend alive in the hearts and minds of all of us!

This will be a thrilling experience and well worth the wait. Once again, you bring the very best to the simulation world!

Regards,
Geewiz
The 401st Bomb Group - Deenethorpe
www.youtube.com/401stbg
"The Best Damned Outfit in the USAAF"
http://www.401bg.com/pages_gallery/gallery_005.htm#menu

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Bundle price or not, I just purchased the normal version to get acquainted with the aircraft. That should give me a good perspective on the improvements once the Accusim package is ready. :)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

torejohs
Airman First Class

Post by torejohs »

Want want want. Can't wait. Why is "soon" such a relative concept? :D

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

I also purchased the original 17G specifically for the accusim pack. My impression is that the accusim pack will also include an almost completely redone model and textures as the WOPII 17G looks and feels pretty outdated when compared to both, the curent accusim packs and the recent movie that previews the upcoming B-17 Accusim.

I'm curious why A2A included the old WOPII aircraft as a prerequisite for the new B-17 when it appears that the entire aircraft has been redone?

JB
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

Treetop64
Airman First Class

Post by Treetop64 »

I had the fortune to fly in the Collins Foundation B-17G a few years back, out of Livermore, CA. An unforgettable experience. Absolutely fell in love with the aircraft.

One of the things that struck me about the flight was just how smooth and pleasant the flight was. The B-17 loves to fly, apparently!

A beautiful and superbly engineered aircraft. Cannot wait for this to be Accu-Simmed!
ImageImageImage

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I don't think the model is all new per say. The Accu-sim is completely built from the ground up to enhance the aircraft. The WOPII B-17 is pre-requisite cause all they did for the Accu-sim model I gather from what Scott and Lewis have said is made slight tweaks and corrections to it. Plus the use of high-resolution textures. It follows their normal pattern of you can buy the A/C without Accu-sim, and you can buy Accu-sim on top of the A/C in order to add the full realism if you want it. In this case there was just a large gap between the A/C release, and the Accu-sim product. Hopefully that somewhat makes sense.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by rc flyer »

:D I, like everyone else here, am very excited about another "Accu-Sim" addition. I own the B-17G but it is currently not installed. My back-up file is SHO 145 and I believe the date is 12/18/07. Can I update directly from that or are there other updates I need first?

Steve

Quicksand
Airman Basic

Post by Quicksand »

Are the Fort's turrets animated as in the video on the already-released version, or is that part of Accusim?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its one of the little extra's added with the accusim pack.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

nath2889
Technical Sergeant

Post by nath2889 »

will there be a new paint kit with out the two tone effect the old one had as id love to repaint all my old birds more accurate and with out the different tones

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey nath,

good to see you about again. Yes ICDP has an updated PK.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

nath2889
Technical Sergeant

Post by nath2889 »

thanks good to be back
now all my old repaints can get an over haul will the kit be released the same time as the add on

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”