MOVIES

A Living Legend
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: The Accu-Sim B-17 is Unveiled

Post by DHenriques_ »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey felix,

The B-17 does have the complete overhaul too as stated int he video, however to let people know what goes on under the hood we also brought int he option to know whats going wrong inside. The P-47 also has this to a degree but we dont have anyway to show this to the user it just happens int he background with the code. Also you no longer loose engine hours if all the need to change an oil filter, a standard part of maintenance.

We found alot of users really enjoying and being proud of having long engine hours through knowing there aircraft and treating it well.

We know how important options are, so we try to keep as many in as possible, to please the broad range of users we see using our products.
For what it's worth, I totally agree with the marketing decision to add an educational factor to A2A aircraft through Accusim. Most simmers are deeply interested in learning how aircraft systems work and function as well as in simply flying the aircraft in the simulator. A2A has added an entire new dimension to flight simming and I believe a much needed and positive dimension.
My personal experience has been that the simmers who write to me constantly for various and sundry advice on aircraft and flying who own A2A products with Accusim, are by FAR the most knowledgeable and savvy people in the community.
Dudley Henriques

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

I also like the educational stuff that will be included with the B-17. I'm by no means fascinated by the mechanics of the aircraft in comparison to actually flying it. But just like in real flight school, you learn about your aircraft's engines and how they work. With a sim as realistic as accu-sim, knowing what goes on under the cowl is important. I also think that in general, if one is buying accu-sim to begin with, it's pretty safe to assume that they want something that is very in depth. At least the option is provided to skip all the extra stuff and just repair the engines with the simple click of the mouse. I know from my personal real word experience that before a corss country flight, it always gave me a comforting feeling seeing in the maintenance log that the flight school's mechanic had just serviced the engine and all systems were 100% operational.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

badaboom
Senior Airman

Post by badaboom »

Preventive Maintenance!! Just like you'd do to any of your own vehicles or machines,what a cool idea! Change the engine oil before it loses velocity and breaks a piston. I love it!! :D
Patrick

GaryC
Airman

Post by GaryC »

I think I almost pee'd myself. Holy cow, this thing looks simply amazing. Can't wait for the release.
Gary Carlson
ImageImage

Rich1830
Airman

Post by Rich1830 »

If I get divorced because of this, I'm blaming A2A accusim!

Rambler
Airman Basic

Post by Rambler »

So, when are y'all going to incorporate this into a dedicated heavy bomber sim *hint hint*? :) This is just screaming for full combat functionality, and you already have some great gameplay mechanics with the aircraft maintenance. Impressive job, keep it up! I don't even own FSX, but after watching this I might have to get a copy...

ECAaxel
Airman

Post by ECAaxel »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You guys have really pulled out the plugs on this one! I am sure to get this and the cub when i can afford to. (It will be well worth the cost!)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

OH MY GOD I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lukas
ImageImage

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Pre Purchase Questions

Post by Buzz313th »

I guess I will repost the questions again since they got burried in the thread last night.

I would like to buy the WOPII B17, but I was curious about:

1. I heard that the Accusim will bolt right onto the existing WOPII B-17. If this is true, then one can buy the WOPII B-17 now and then the Accusim Pack when it's released. Is this correct?

2. Is there gonna be a combo pack to get both the 17 and the accusim pack at a slightly lower cost then buying the two addons seperately?

3. Is there any limitation to buying the 17 now and then the accumsim pack later?

JB
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Buzz,

Accu-sim bolts onto the wop2 b17. However, in addition to all the accu-sim content, this particular accusim pack has extensive model improvements and updates.

We are not sure if we will be offering a bundle price atm, but we typically grandfather any kind of deal like that for a month. So, lets say you picked up the wop2 b17 and less than a month later we offer an accusim / b17 bundle, we would still offer the bundle savings.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

Scott,

Thats very fair.. and when I get done with the "todo" list, then I think I'll grab the B17.

JB
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I just saw the video yesterday so I know that it is coming.Unfortunately I didn't have a speaker system yesterday.
I watched the full video with sound.Quite surprised and impressed with what's going on.Yes I am here.Made it.I now have 3 PC systems capable of running FSX so I'll be able to purchase more A2A products in the future.
You guys have outdone yourself again.Congrats.

I'll tell you a little story.On one mission of my fathers apparently the ground crew mechanics forgot to bolt on the top turret plexiglass so in flight it blew right off.It must have scared the crap out of the flight engineer/top turret gunner.They had to fly back to base and not go on the mission with the rest of the group.Mom told me that the mechanic got distracted by a telephone call.That's all I know about it.

I saw the part about how the bombardier can fly the aircraft and even drop bombs in the video although FSX isn't a combat type flight simulator.
Question is the bomb sight modeled pretty well and to what degree?
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

It´s a great plane, great work. Can´t wait......
!!!More infos PLEASE!!!
I Love you guys :D :D :D
Last edited by Boon1986 on 15 Mar 2010, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

Mister-Knister
Airman

Post by Mister-Knister »

Wow,

i just love these old Ladies... :wink:

Will there be a "civil" version of the B17?

Regards!

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

While watching the video for about the 7th time, I started to get curious about how Jaggyroad films got some of those really cool shots. Especially the ones where it looked like you were walking right up to the B-17 and climbing in. Is that a specific video making program or do they have their own custom software? I love that shot going up towards the cockpit. I remember when the B-17 "Nine-o-nine" came to my hometown airport, the pilot showed me how to grab on and go in feet first like they did in the war. Pretty fun grabbing on, swinging your feet up, and climbing aboard!
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”