Panel Light Switch on B-17

A Living Legend
new reply
oneaokguy
Airman Basic

Panel Light Switch on B-17

Post by oneaokguy »

Newbie question

Is the panel light switch on the B-17 suppose to make a sound when flipped like all other switches? On my setup its the only switch that I notice no sound when flipped, Is there a setting that I have wrong?

Thanks

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Panel Light Switch on B-17

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there oneaokguy, I just tried out all of the switches for the panel lights on the B-17 and mine don't make any sound either :? . I have never noticed that untill you mentioned it. I guess that it was missed when the codeing was done. All others work though.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Same here, no sound. I guesd I never use the individual switches.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

oneaokguy
Airman Basic

Post by oneaokguy »

Thanks guys for confirming.

June1944
Airman First Class

Post by June1944 »

Same for me, and I think this switch are bugged because, when I turn ob this switch no lights turn to on :/
Le petit frenchy passionné d'A2A Simulation .

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

On the main instrument panel, Pilot's side and just under the Flying Fortress badge (logo?) are two light selector switches.

When you click it once with the mouse the lights turn on to the Fluorescent lights, if you click it again it moves to UV light, which just illuminates the radium-painted dials.

If you click it once more then the lights turn off.

The "silent" switch you guys are referring to is on the pilots side the top of the co-pilots side of the main instrument panel and on the co-pilots side panel just below the window.

When the lights are selected to fluorescent lights, moving this switch up or down will select either fluorescent or UV lights, and it "clicks" accordingly.

If you move it to just UV or OFF, then those three "silent" switches are inactive. Just to recap, when fluorescent lights are selected, that "silent" switch allows you to select between Fluorescent and UV and it "clicks" as you select between the two settings.

Any other position set on the main lights switch and the "silent" switch is non-functional.

I don't know how this meshes with reality, but thats how it works in the sim!

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Jacques wrote:On the main instrument panel, Pilot's side and just under the Flying Fortress badge (logo?) are two light selector switches.

When you click it once with the mouse the lights turn on to the Fluorescent lights, if you click it again it moves to UV light, which just illuminates the radium-painted dials.

If you click it once more then the lights turn off.

The "silent" switch you guys are referring to is on the pilots side the top of the co-pilots side of the main instrument panel and on the co-pilots side panel just below the window.

When the lights are selected to fluorescent lights, moving this switch up or down will select either fluorescent or UV lights, and it "clicks" accordingly.

If you move it to just UV or OFF, then those three "silent" switches are inactive. Just to recap, when fluorescent lights are selected, that "silent" switch allows you to select between Fluorescent and UV and it "clicks" as you select between the two settings.

Any other position set on the main lights switch and the "silent" switch is non-functional.

I don't know how this meshes with reality, but thats how it works in the sim!
Thanks for the heads up, I will give it a try during my next flight.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

I know I'm dredging up an old topic, but just wanted to add my own observations:

There are two sets of switches that influence the panel lights: four toggle switches on the cockpit sides (one pilot, one pilot electrical box, two copilot), and two rotaries on the dash.

The four toggle switches make no sound on their own. However, when the fluorescent lights are on, toggling them will produce a sound. When the fluorescent lights are on, the toggle switches will toggle the panel lights on and off. When the UV lights are on, they do nothing.

The rotary knobs have four settings: off, start, on and dim. It appears that "dim" is for the UV setting; however, the knob's orientation itself is 180 degrees off.
Once on, you cannot move backwards. In other words, it only moves CCW: Start-On-Dim-Off. You can't, for instance, flip back and forth between ON (fluorescent) and DIM (UV). (Using Lvars, you can switch back and forth between ON and DIM)

If I were to take an educated guess, it seems that the four toggle switches are supposed to control their respective lights, and the rotaries to control the actual instrument panel lights.

Al "Chevalier"

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”