Prepar3d v3

A Living Legend
Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Re: Prepar3d v3

Post by Paul K »

dougal95 wrote: Mine installs just fine in v3, and without Accusim its fine, but after installing Accusim, the engines won't start correctly (only number 1 starts), and even if i start them from 'windmilling', they 'stop-start stop-start'.
That sounds very much like the automixture problem in FSX. In P3Dv3, go to your 'Vehicles' drop down menu, select 'Realism Settings', and make sure Enable Automixture is disabled - i.e. unticked.

be77solo
Airman

Post by be77solo »

Agreed, the B-17 works great in P3Dv3, engines run just fine. Fantastic aircraft.
A2A B-17, Comanche, Cub, Skylane, T-6, B377COTS & Connie
i7-6700K @ 4.5, NVIDIA GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4 and P3Dv4

mac2
Airman Basic

Post by mac2 »

I just tried to install the P51 on P3Dv3 with accu sim update and it installed with no problems (seems there was no need for a FSX.exe file) - first flight it worked amazing! - but now when I tried to start some other flights on the runway all 4 prop blades distort at the ends and I can't seem to start the engines! - any ideas how to fix? (strangely in the airplane selection screen I can sometimes see the props distorted as well!).................help because have no idea how to fix this!

Also where do I find the manual for this and how to I access accu-sim settings in game?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You will need to visit the maintenance hangar to fix the aircraft, the manual is in the normal place for software on the windows OS, under the start menu. In this case its under your start menu >> all programs > A2A Simulations

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

I just have installed B17 on P3D 3.2.
I cannot go to maintenance hangar, and instead of 'typical' A2A windows ( SHIFT + 1/2/3... ) i am getting 2D pop up like from FS9
Any remedy ?

BR/Artur

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did you just install the FSX B-17 without the B-17 Accu-sim pack?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

72westy
Airman

Post by 72westy »

Are any of you using the Estonia Migration tool to do the install into P3D 3.2.3.16769? The current version of the tool has a 'Legacy mode' to run P3D.

Also how many of you have installed all the simconnect.msi versions?
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3/G-Skill Trident X 32GB RAM CL7-8-8-24/RTX 2070 OC/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/(x3)1TBMushkinSSDs/Corsait RM-750/X56 HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardCombo/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

72westy
Airman

Post by 72westy »

iceman14555 wrote: 18 Oct 2015, 18:02
Mazo wrote:
iceman14555 wrote:
What you're saying is I need to reinstall FSX, just copy and paste the FSX.exe over to the P3D root and then I can install the B17. Do I need to keep FSX on my system once that's done? or can I uninstall FSX again and just leave the exe in the P3D folder?

edit: I copied over the fsx.exe and still I receive a corruption error. I cannot get the plane to install into P3d. How have you done this?
When you browse to your P3DV3 folder, double click on it. Click on "OK" and follow the rest on the A2A prompts. The aircraft will then install. Same for the Accu-Sim installation. I just went through this a couple of days ago.

You can safely leave the FSX.exe in your P3D folder - I have had this file in all versions of P3D and no adverse effects.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help, I actually got it working right after I posted that last night. Hence, why i deleted my edit. Anyway, the problem of why it wasn't installing was, that for some reason, it was trying to create an FSX folder inside of P3D's root, and since the fsx.exe was in the P3D root and not the fsx folder, it was not reading. Got it cleared up and flew my B17 for a bit last night, works flawlessly. However, I did notice that the lights have a problem in P3D, the beacon and strobe light flash way too fast (like I'm at a rave party or something) and the nave lights look like they are floating off the wing.

Is there a work around for this or can a hotfix be published? I don't want to start tinkering with the aircraft files and screw the module up entirely.
What did you do to clear that up? I have the FSX.exe in the P3D root folder and still get this message about corruption. Other A2A planes such as P-40, Spit, T-6 installed just fine.
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3/G-Skill Trident X 32GB RAM CL7-8-8-24/RTX 2070 OC/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/(x3)1TBMushkinSSDs/Corsait RM-750/X56 HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardCombo/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

iceman14555
Airman

Post by iceman14555 »

72westy wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 03:58
iceman14555 wrote: 18 Oct 2015, 18:02
Mazo wrote:
When you browse to your P3DV3 folder, double click on it. Click on "OK" and follow the rest on the A2A prompts. The aircraft will then install. Same for the Accu-Sim installation. I just went through this a couple of days ago.

You can safely leave the FSX.exe in your P3D folder - I have had this file in all versions of P3D and no adverse effects.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help, I actually got it working right after I posted that last night. Hence, why i deleted my edit. Anyway, the problem of why it wasn't installing was, that for some reason, it was trying to create an FSX folder inside of P3D's root, and since the fsx.exe was in the P3D root and not the fsx folder, it was not reading. Got it cleared up and flew my B17 for a bit last night, works flawlessly. However, I did notice that the lights have a problem in P3D, the beacon and strobe light flash way too fast (like I'm at a rave party or something) and the nave lights look like they are floating off the wing.

Is there a work around for this or can a hotfix be published? I don't want to start tinkering with the aircraft files and screw the module up entirely.
What did you do to clear that up? I have the FSX.exe in the P3D root folder and still get this message about corruption. Other A2A planes such as P-40, Spit, T-6 installed just fine.
It's been so long, since I've used P3D, I can't even remember, sorry. I think it had something to do with the FSX folder that kept getting created in my P3D root. I believe I ended up having an FSX.exe in both the root and this FSX folder inside of the P3D root that was just for the B17 to work.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”