Best way to save aircraft

A Living Legend
new reply
Evan_m
Airman Basic

Best way to save aircraft

Post by Evan_m »

Hello I was wondering what the best way to save the aircraft is. On my other Accu-sim products the Bononza snd c172 when I’m done flying I just park them shut down and end the flight. Let’s say I go back in 30 minutes the oil temp and CHTs, for example will have cooled down but not all the way to ambient temperature If I come back the next day then of course they will have cooled to ambient temp and so forth. On the B-17 I can’t do this, If I just shut down and exit like normal and come back the manifold pressure gauges will just slowly go back to the regular pressure and the props will slowly stop just as if I had shut them down. This will occur even if I had shut down the aircraft before I left. Currently I’m just saving the flight but when I come back not all the changes I mad are still present, the fuel shutoff valves will be in the open position, inverter in the up position, and the control locks will always be free. These things occur even if I just set them to be if the closed/neutral etc... position. Also let’s say I haven’t flown in weeks if I just load up my saved aircraft the hydraulic pressure will still be in the green and I know that is not accurate. So is there a specific way to save the aircraft so when I go and fly the switches will be just were I left them, the temps will be hot/cold according to the outside air and also the time from the last flight and also have the ladders and steps out by the aircraft when I load up. Sorry I know it’s a long message just trying to give as much detail as possible. -Evan

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Best way to save aircraft

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Unlike A2A latest release the Beechcraft Bonanza V35B and Cessna 172R Skyhawk, Boeing B-17 is not that complex in wear and tear. Same goes for the P-47 and the Piper J3 Cub.
If you want to preserve current state you need to save after each flight and then reload. I personally, since do not fly the Cub and the B-17 every day, when I load I set "Cold & Dark" and am good to go. :wink:

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”