engines puking smoke

A Living Legend
new reply
guard2017a
Airman First Class

engines puking smoke

Post by guard2017a »

I just bought again and reinstalled my B17. But when I go to start engines all I hear is engine 3 starting over and over even when all engines are running. And when i switch views all the engines are puking out smoke. so I increase throttle and does not help get rid of the smoke. And if i take off the smoke continues is there a fix or can someone tell me what to do. never had this problem on the other B17 that i had purchased. Any thing will be most appreciated

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: engines puking smoke

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Sounds like you may have auto-mixture set in the simulator realism configuration.

Paul

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
As well as pauls suggestion , make sure you are fully serviceable in the hangar , i think if i remember correctly , on first install , it defaults to a used B17 , so engines might be in need of an overhaul , ie burning oil , also if engines are mistreated , it can cause premature wear , or blown cylinders , mixture settings are off/auto lean/auto ritch/full rich.
regards alan. 8)

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

thanks for the tips my friends i turned off auto mixture no more smoke puking from engines but i get a flying tip message saying engines not properly leaned and losing power in engines

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
What altitude are you at with what power settings when the message appears.
Also did you take auto mixture off while flying the B17 or prior to selecting aircraft , if you did the change while flying the B17 , then reselct aircraft , then double check all controls and switches are where they should be.
regards alan. 8)

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

I get this message as soon as i take off

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

You'll need to turn flying tips off in FSX to get rid of that message.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have FSX+a and i dont see flying tips in any of the settings , i see tool tips , but that will not be the cause of his issue , he says he is losing power when this message appears.
when you was taking off , and got this message , what power and mixture and prop settings did you have , and what did your engine instruments display , and what was the altitude of the airport you was taking off from .
regards alan. 8)

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

The message is what says you're losing power because the engines aren't leaned correctly and it's because the Accusim engines are running outside of FSX.

The check box to enable or disable flying tips is at the top right of the realism settings page. See the first image here

https://sites.google.com/site/simprovments/ict

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=64532

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”