Fuel balance

A Living Legend
new reply
gw4234
Airman Basic

Fuel balance

Post by gw4234 »

Hello A2A B-17 Community,

Still fairly new to B-17 simulation and enjoying uncovering all of its secrets. Recently had an issue involving uncontrollable steady roll to the right. Other aircraft not affected, reboots didn't fix, etc. Turns out it was a fuel imbalance of approx. 100 gal between wings (yes, I had been playing around with the 2D fuel screen). I found the clue to this on this forum, so thank you.

Other nice touches so far -- pilot vision starts to oscillate in and out, along with heavy breathing, when you forget to activate oxygen. Also, control locks (on yoke and on floor) need to be unlocked after cold start, along with remembering to turn on power to radios (on overhead panel). Don't think such things are covered in the manual.

I agree -- some fresh crew comments add-on packs would be nice.

Thanks everyone.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Fuel balance

Post by Jacques »

Just looked around and found this package: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?D ... ID=fsxmisc

No idea how complete, or accurate or how good it sounds but it might be worth downloading and having a peek inside.

I remember a few years back someone did something similar with real voices from the forum - not sure if this is the same package or not! 😉

gw4234
Airman Basic

Re: Fuel balance

Post by gw4234 »

The description for this download looks intriguing. I will give it a try and let the forum know what I find out. Thanks very much!

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”