Bravo Zulu on the B-17

A Living Legend
new reply
Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Bravo Zulu on the B-17

Post by Oldnavy »

I just wanted to commend all those who made the A2A AB-17 possible :)

I bought this yesterday on sale and at first was intimidated by all those knobs and switches.

I had to lean on some UTube vids to get some idea of how to start this beast up.

Glad there was a way to turn off Accu-sim (temporarily) to start it. Later after it started, I switched back to accusim and let the crew take over

some of the flying tasks. I really got a kick out of that liaison radio feature. So many features, so many cleaver touches have amazed me with this B-17. :shock:

My hat is off to those who coded and put it all together to make this an amazing aircraft to fly in P3D V4.5.

Thanks

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Bravo Zulu on the B-17

Post by Scott - A2A »

Thanks OldNavy, I had the same reaction when testing this for P3Dv5. It's really the first and only of it's kind that goes deep into so many areas. Our manual was built around the actual B-17 manual and the systems are simulated deeply. Thank you again for taking the time to post and enjoy the Flying Fortress.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

GL_64
Senior Airman

Post by GL_64 »

Is there a full written tutorial anywhere, or is just a case of following the Checklists in the main manual ?

Thnc

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

GL_64, you can’t really go wrong reading and re-reading the manual provided by A2A. Even though I’ve flown it for over a thousand hours, I always have a copy of the manual at hand. You can use the checklist provided or search online for USAAF B-17G manuals that will have a checklist to follow as well. In addition to that, youtube has lots of content on the B-17.( a lot of it seems to be the -F variant, but its still relevant). This forum also has a huge amount of information buried within the threads!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

GL_64 wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 10:40 Is there a full written tutorial anywhere, or is just a case of following the Checklists in the main manual ?

Thnc
Although FSX this series is still relevant;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCLMgLB ... 6dwzpVUYHG
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GL_64
Senior Airman

Post by GL_64 »

Thnx. 👍

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”