B17 suggested posible addons

A Living Legend
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

B17 suggested posible addons

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
In the light of the unfortunate accident with the aerostar , that has delayed progress on this project , and A2A bringing another project forward in its place , could A2A also considder doing two addons that could be used with both the FSX and P3D versions of the B17 , the two addons i am refering to , are a correctly and fully functioning :-
1. drift meter
2. norden bombsight

regards alan. 8)

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: B17 suggested posible addons

Post by TreeTops »

Drift meter would go nicely in the B377 :lol:
Cheers
Trev

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

Another suggested addon if possible, a "modern" panel version such as the restored B-17Gs currently have. Kind of like the Civilian version of the Mustang.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Ray.
What I am suggesting as addon would be added pop up windows in the panel.cfg and could be added to other aircraft , what you are suggesting is a VC rework with systems , which A2A don’t normally do.
Regards Alan. 8)

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

If A2A would like to spend a bit more time tweaking/upgrading B17, then maybe ground friction would be on the list ?

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Maybe they could model the pitot tube?
AKA "Memey"

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Pilot relief tube.

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

alan CXA651 wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 12:25 Hi Ray.
What I am suggesting as addon would be added pop up windows in the panel.cfg and could be added to other aircraft , what you are suggesting is a VC rework with systems , which A2A don’t normally do.
Regards Alan. 8)
Thanks Alan for your helpful clarification. I must confess and hope I will not be banned for this, I have already added a "Pop Up Window" for the GTN 650 to be used along with the modern autopilot popup. I know this addition does not quite fit with "Captain, I have something on the radio for you" era but my aging brain finds the WWII era autopilot somewhat confusing to use.

Ray

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Ray.
In shift+3 you can either select the C-1 or the MS default autopilot , then shift+9 will bring up your chosen Autopilot , the C-1 is not as hard to use as you think , but it is a very basic autopilot .
For more info on the C-1 look in the B-17 Accusim Manual pages 132-135 and B-17 Manual page 16
regards Alan. 8)

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

Thanks Alan, will do regarding looking up the info on the C-1 autopilot. I need to learn new things in order to keep my aging brain alive and active :)

Ray

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

I have to admit, having a working Norden bombsight would be a dream come true. The Norden is truly part of the history and lore of the heavy bombers, especially the B-17. In all honesty, if I had to pony up the coin to repurchase the aircraft again simply to have an A2A Accusim B-17 with a working Norden, I would.

RonnieDuck
Airman First Class

Post by RonnieDuck »

For Norden bombsight have a look at the 91stbombardmentgroup.com together with the Flack add-on and pucker module it is really fun to fly...

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Those files on the 91st site, excluding the "Pucker Module, are my intellectual property, created by me, and as of
today I am removing my consent for their use.

This also pertains to ALL files which I have created over my 10+ year association with that group, now terminated!

Multiple XML gauges, unique scenery BGL files, more than 100 Mission file packages, all representing more than 1,000
hours in creation and testing.

Paul "Gypsy Baron" Strogen

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Admittedly, it's just "eye candy" of sorts, but it'd be nice if the full rich quadrant safety wire broke, like it does for the P-51 throttle.

Seatime
Airman

Post by Seatime »

Just a note to say that the 91st Bombardment Group is alive and well.

The 91st is a Member Driven and Member Supported group that strives to make flying in WWII Aircraft and recreating WWii Events fun and educational for all who participate.
There have been countless Members over the past 15 years that have unconditionally given their Time, Efforts and Creations freely to the Public Domain, and a great many others have given monetarily to defray the operating costs of the Group.

We fly daily using Teamspeak and Joinfs at 10:30 Eastern Time. No has ever given anything to the Group that they did not give freely and with the full understanding that their efforts are for the Public Domain.

There have been close to 900 Members who have passed through our doors since we began and a strong core of about 10-12 diehards who can be counted on to fly regularly. Real Life situations can always get in the way of one’s good intent and many, while they still log into the Site occasionally, are inactive as Pilots.

My heart and God's Love go out to the Missing who no longer fly, and to those who have passed. You are all greatly missed and respected.

God Bless you all.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”