B17 Hangar faults

A Living Legend
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

B17 Hangar faults

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi A2A.
Over the time i have had the B17 in FSXa one fault i have had due to a heavy landing , that does not show or cannot be fixed in the hangar is the undercarraige link , you can fix the tyres and undercarraige except the link , to fix this link snag you have to first fix all the faults showing in the hangar , then exit the sim and restart sim and aircraft .
Could you look into this for an update on both the P3D/FSX Versions .
I came opon this issue , when i was flying a long hop on the 91st web site , with another 91st member , and had an engine turbo failure , i tried continuing the hop to burn off fuel , as i was to heavy to land , but when a mountain range that was to high to climb over at that weight and 3 engines , i had to land at a nearby airfield , this resulted in a damaged undercarraige , that collapsed .
I repaired everything in the hangar , took off to continue the hop , as i was climbing , i retracted the gear , only to find the gear that had collapsed and had been repaired , failed to retract , and could not be cranked up , so i had to keep my speed at or below 150mph till destination , on looking in the hangar , no faults showed , i cannot remember where the link message showed , but it was not the hangar , i shut sim down , restarted sim , and everything worked .
Have you got a FULL list of hanger faults and a FULL list of faults that can occur , as a means of checking if any are missing , that need to be put in the hangar for fixing .
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: B17 Hangar faults

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Alan,

not sure I follow, what was the exact error report you could not fix in the hangar?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
I use the FSX version , but it probably exists in the P3D version if you did no changes.
After the gear collapsed on landing , I repaired everything that showed In the hangar, and I took off , and on the climbout the gear that had been repaired would not retract , nor could I hand crank it up , after I had landed at final destination nothing showed in the hangar , the landing gear link message may have been a crew comment when the Hand cranking Failed to get it up .
The only way to fix this snag is to shut the sim down then restart it , if this link can be broken , then it should show in the hangar so it can be fixed like the other failures can .
Regards Alan . 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Alan,

because of the nature of the simulation, is this something you've had happen multiple times?

I am wondering if you just got unlucky on the gear failing again or its due to pilot error on climb out on this occasion if its happened only once or twice?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis .
It happens if you do a heavy landing , the issue does not show in the hangar therefore cannot be fixed in the hangar , you can fix tyres /brakes and main gear strut of the undercariage but not the undercarriage drag link , which is the drag strut going from the engine bulkhead to the bottom L.E. of the main landing gear , and this prevents gear retraction/extention.
regards alan. 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I had the same error on June 20th in 2015...
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”