Problem: AUTOSTART hung in an infinite loop

A Living Legend
new reply
TWC_Alamo
Airman Basic

Problem: AUTOSTART hung in an infinite loop

Post by TWC_Alamo »

This is my first post on the forum and the B-17 is my first A2A purchase. I couldn't resist the sale and getting to fly this classic. My Dad flew B17's and B24's in WWII.

I am having a bit of a problem with the AUTOSTART feature in the B17. It seems to be hung in a continuous loop on one engine. Sometimes it is #1 and sometimes #3. The copilot announces that "the engine is starting" and then the "oil pressuring is coming up", the engine stablizes, but THEN it loops back announcing the same engine is starting. It never moves on to start the other engines. I have tried all five of the liveries and done a complete overhaul in the maintenance hangar, but she still will not do a complete AUTOSTART. I am able to do a complete manual startup. I am giving it adequate throttle. I noticed that the boost pumps don't activate with the AUTOSTART and I have tried turning those on, but it doesn't seem to make any difference either way: Accusim remains hung in the loop. I have tried selecting COLD START and then AUTOSTART with the same result. Everything else in the sim seems to be working "hunky dory". I am running P3DV5.

Hopefully one of you B17 or Accusim veterans can tell me what this nube is doing wrong. Thanks.

Alamo
Denver, CO

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Problem: AUTOSTART hung in an infinite loop

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

I think the first thing to check here is that "enable automixture" is unchecked in the P3D realism settings.

If it is, please can you confirm which aircraft loads with your default P3D scenario. Sometimes we find that saving the default scenario with a complex add-on aircraft can cause problems.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TWC_Alamo
Airman Basic

Post by TWC_Alamo »

Nick,

"Enable AUTOMIXTURE" is unchecked. I have the A2A B-17 setup as the default scenario. I will try selecting a simpler a/c and then change to the B-17.

After posting yesterday, I played around a little more and noted that when I select AUTOSTART, only the MAG for #1 is turned on, but the master ignition bar is turned off and the mags for the other engines. If I turn it on and the mags for the other engines, the AUTOSTART proceeds normally. I would suspect that selecting AUTOSTART should set all the switched correctly or am I missing something?

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. Yes, ideally try resetting your default flight to the original one that's loaded with P3Dv5 for troubleshooting. If the problem persists, please can you let us know if you have hardware controls set to activate any of the cockpit switches.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”