Throttle locks...don't

A Living Legend
new reply
Masterius
Senior Airman

Throttle locks...don't

Post by Masterius »

Lock, that is.

I've never noticed this before, but the throttle locks don't lock the throttles if they are mouse-moved. They do, however, lock my quadrant throttles if I have the lock set. Odd thing is, is that the mixture and RPM locks lock both mouse and hardware movement.

Only reason I really noticed is that I'm planning on building a B-17 throttle panel that I'd seen online, and that didn't include locking levers (it's got just about everything else, though! :wink: ) so I was experimenting to see just how difficult it might be to add them.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Throttle locks...don't

Post by Lewis - A2A »

thanks for the report, I am jus investigating now

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 10:19 thanks for the report, I am jus investigating now

thanks
Lewis - A2A
It's not that I go looking for things. I just enjoy playing with all of the "bits and bobs" you guys have put into the aircraft (even if they don't necessarily do anything, like the suit heaters) and so I run across things now and then. :oops:

altack
Senior Airman

Post by altack »

Hi Guys,
Very interested in following Masterius's project, keep the pictures comming ! :D
Best regards,
Francois

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Masterius wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 12:26 It's not that I go looking for things. I just enjoy playing with all of the "bits and bobs" you guys have put into the aircraft (even if they don't necessarily do anything, like the suit heaters) and so I run across things now and then. :oops:
No worries, all fixed and will be in the next update for the B-17.

Also 110% with altack, pics of the porject please hehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis- A2A

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Just currious Lewis, is the vacuum selector in that new fix too :?:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Not on the main PC at the moment, do you have a link to the issue. I know ROB and Scott has been doing a couple here and there as me and Nick reproduce and pass them over.

thanks,
Lewis

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
I asked Terry , who is a 91st member , he uses P3D5 , the Vac switch is still a dummy switch , someone did a mod for FSX that made this work correctly , the link and mod are no longer available on this site , i have it in my FSXA B17 and it works very well , dont know if it works in P3D5 as yet , i sent a copy to terry to test , but would be nice if A2A modified this switch from dummy to active , as it adds an extra element to the B17 .
Regards Alan. 8)

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

alan CXA651 wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 01:13 ...dont know if it works in P3D5 as yet...
Regards Alan. 8)
It doesn't. Just ran a test. I'm looking at the CAB file to see why, but as I'm rather inexperienced at XML I'm unlikely to figure out exactly why it's not working.

Al "Chevalier"

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

alan CXA651 wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 01:13 Hi Tug.
I asked Terry , who is a 91st member , he uses P3D5 , the Vac switch is still a dummy switch , someone did a mod for FSX that made this work correctly , the link and mod are no longer available on this site , i have it in my FSXA B17 and it works very well , dont know if it works in P3D5 as yet , i sent a copy to terry to test , but would be nice if A2A modified this switch from dummy to active , as it adds an extra element to the B17 .
Regards Alan. 8)
Thanks, I'm using FSX Gold still and had it corrected once but on a reload of the B-17 I was unable to get it to work correctly again with the fix that was out there. No big deal though as it is just a simple little quirk that is easy to live with.I wouldn't even have noticed only for an engine fire on #2 and when shut down I didn't have to change the vac to #3. Still loving the B-17 which is a wonderful aircraft to fly :a2a: all the way :)

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Masterius wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 12:01
alan CXA651 wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 01:13 ...dont know if it works in P3D5 as yet...
Regards Alan. 8)
It doesn't. Just ran a test.
Al "Chevalier"
A-aaaaaand...just tested it again, and now it works. I'll try uploading the file to dropbox or something similar.

Al "Chevalier"

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

alan CXA651 wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 01:13 Hi Tug.
Regards Alan. 8)
Alan, I use P3DV4.5. Your latest vacuum fix works in that version.

Terry

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”