A Living Legend
new reply
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Buy it again ?

Post by Warbirds »

Why ? If we already own it.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

RonnieDuck
Airman First Class

Re: Buy it again ?

Post by RonnieDuck »

What is your point?

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

RonnieDuck wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 12:52 What is your point?
The point is this should be and update and not a new charged product.
Paul Grubich 2018
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Warbirds wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 13:26
RonnieDuck wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 12:52 What is your point?
The point is this should be and update and not a new charged product.
Given that it's a completely new release for a new platform the need to re-purchase makes perfect sense to me. Having started my A2A career with FSX, I have had to update my A2A fleet with P3D versions and I've been delighted to do so. I believe you may be missing the points that A2A has clearly been working on the B-17 upgrade for quite some time and as A2A appears to be an actual business, they should not be expected to work for free.

We've been seeing requests for the B-17 in P3D for quite some time and it is very puzzling to me that anyone would have excepted that upgrade to happen at zero cost......

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

A2A creates wonderful planes and they will for years to come.
B17 was very reasonable priced and additionally combined with big 40% discount for all their planes.
Do not be a cheap charlie and let them earn some money, cause they deserve by their magnificent products and perfect support.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

You only have to buy it again if you want a full working version in P3Dv4-5. Considering that it's the least expensive P3D aircraft (even the Cub is more expensive) it's a pretty good deal.

I'd kinda like to have a Stratocruiser that works in 64 bit P3Dv4, but I'm not going to ask A2A to rewrite the Accu-sim code (plus creating PBR textures, etc.) for the 377 for free.

As far as I know, none of the other FSX Accu-sim aircraft were a free update when they made P3Dv4+ versions. And I prefer that A2A remains a viable business for a long time to come. If this means I have to pay for their products (even ones I already own a previous version of) that is fine with me.

When I bought the FSX 172, FSX was the only sim I had. When I bought the Cherokee, I bought the FSX/P3D bundle because I expected to be flying P3D shortly. The P3Dv2 version I bought in that bundle also got me the P3Dv4 version at no extra charge. That's the only time I didn't pay for a P3Dv4 upgrade. They probably should have charged a nominal amount for that; the price of the B-17 would have been reasonable. Note that I didn't enjoy the 172 enough to buy a P3D version. :)

Hook

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

if you already own it, don't buy it...............
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Well as a developer myself we would not charge full price for an FSX to P3d upgrade....but we are not in it for the money.
Paul Grubich 2018

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Well as a developer, I’m quite surprised that you don’t seem to understand... once again now... the B17 for P3D is not an UPGRADE...it is a NEW PRODUCT......

Note that UPGRADES from P3Dv2 all the way through v5.1 are free......ah nvm...
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Warbirds wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 22:54 Well as a developer myself we would not charge full price for an FSX to P3d upgrade....but we are not in it for the money.
No full price, it was released with a massive discount, is sold RRP at a big discount and as others have mentioned is a new product for the P3D platform. We dont just port things over via a new installer.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bazonka
Senior Airman

Post by Bazonka »

Yes, because it is an awesome aircraft from an awesome developer.
i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - MSI RTX 2080 Super

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”