B-17 radios P3Dv5

A Living Legend
new reply
kopolla
Airman

B-17 radios P3Dv5

Post by kopolla »

Hey everyone, I am not sure if something isn't working right or if I am just missing something super obvious, but I can't get the radios to work with the 2D panel. I can set a what I assume is an active frequency, by clicking in on it, so that the white frame appears, I can also change the frequency, but I never get anything in. The ATC windows in the sim says "no radio". As such, I can also not tune into VOR or ILS. The ADF 2 works fine for me, though.

EDIT: I now realised it works fine when I load in the aircraft, but if I set it to cold and dark, the radio man just leaves and never comes back.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B-17 radios P3Dv5

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Kopolla.
Regards to radios not working after cold/dark set , refer to the B17 accusim manual page 65 Transmitter Power Switch .
regards Alan. 8)

kopolla
Airman

Post by kopolla »

Thanks, that helped me figure it out. Does the ILS indicator not show radial deviation on a VOR?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Kopolla.
It shows if you are high/low or left/right of ILS , remember this is a WW2 aircraft and ILS was not like todays radio nav equipment , i was surprised that ILS was even on the B17 aircraft , all be it basic in ww2 , and was mainly in the USA at that time , so was pretty redundant outside of the USA .
regards Alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”