P3Dv5 crashes at the end of loading

A Living Legend
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3Dv5 crashes at the end of loading

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok thanks, so its still windows and P3D thats crashing. Can you please try deleting your p3d cfg so an entirely new one is generated we are finding this seems to fix a whole heap of issues with P3Dv5 when it comes to these non descript windows and P3D crashes.

If you are unsure how here is some instructions for v4 and same applies here but just adjust for v5 folders;
https://flightsimhelpers.com/2019/05/25 ... g%20Delete.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CaptainGaming
Airman

Post by CaptainGaming »

hey i gave it a shot, unfortunately it didnt work.
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.1.12.26829, time stamp: 0x5fb44f72
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x1c20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d707f3216efdf8
Faulting application path: H:\P3DV5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 3f533d2c-1abb-4a5d-bb2e-ddc83f638001
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

but i will note. that if i try to load the b-17 from the start menu, it doesnt fill the screen black like normal, and the preview image disappears. and says preview unavailable. i can only get this error in event viewer by doing this. if i load it up from the F-35, then it just straight up crashes and no error, no error content file nothing. as if the program never fired up.
i look forward to your reply

CaptainGaming
Airman

Post by CaptainGaming »

ok i just did a clean wipe of p3d, reinstalled it, and only installed the b-17, still the same exact issue, i did notice that the installer and the file selector said v4 instead of v5, i installed into v5 add on folder. but to no avail. so im hoping that its meant to just work in v5. but i wont add any other addons till we figure this out.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

CaptainGaming wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 23:55 ok i just did a clean wipe of p3d, reinstalled it, and only installed the b-17, still the same exact issue, i did notice that the installer and the file selector said v4 instead of v5, i installed into v5 add on folder. but to no avail. so im hoping that its meant to just work in v5. but i wont add any other addons till we figure this out.
I'm not IT guy, but I know how A2A works and I'm quite sure that the v4 installer won't work for v5...hence the need for A2A to have added v5 installers for all the other planes in the fleet. That would be the cause of your issue. You'll need to find the v5 installer from wherever you purchased the airplane and run that. If you purchased from the A2A store, it's just a different installer in your account order list and it's labeled for v5.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Brandon,

Do you have both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 installed on your system? That's the only way I can see the P3Dv4 B-17 installer is allowing you to install in v5, but to do so, you'd have to manually change the default installation directory.

As Rob says, the v4 installer won't work for v5 as there are version-specific modules for each platform. If you download and run the correct installer, hopefully it will resolve this issue. However, please make sure you uninstall the v4 version of the B-17 from v5 first.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”