Props turning after I press the cold and dark button

A Living Legend
new reply
HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Props turning after I press the cold and dark button

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

As of this morning, whenever I load my aircraft in and I click the shift 3 panels cold and dark option it shuts all the engines down as it should and sets it to cold and dark but the props are still spinning and don't stop.

Note my rpm and fuel+oil pressures yet the mags, mixture and fuel are in the off and cutoff positions.
I have a feeling it's a P3D issue but any help would be appreciated, also my other a2a aircraft seem to work fine and I'm on P3DV5.2.
AKA "Memey"

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Props turning after I press the cold and dark button

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont have P3Dv5.2 , i still use FSXA , i would say its either the 5.2 update , or a saved flight , or some control setup in your system thats been corrupted .
regards Alan. 8)

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

I've done a fair bit of successful testing in 5.2 so I don't know if it'd be that, but I'll have a look at the controls and see if I can sort it. Thanks for your help!

UPDATE: I tested it with a different repaint and it worked fine and after more tests I can confirm that it only does it on one specific paint so I'll have to figure out why but until then I can fly my other ones.
AKA "Memey"

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
That does not sound right , only one paint causing it , that seems odd to me , as they all share same panel/accu-sim files , and aircraft.cfg .
What is the paint scheme cauasing issue , is it a default or add on.
regards Alan. 8)

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

It was a paint that I had made so I removed the cfg entry and rewrote it and that fixed the issue. I'm not too sure what was wrong with it and I'm even less sure of how it caused the issue it did but at least its fixed lol.
Thanks for your help!
AKA "Memey"

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 12:49 It was a paint that I had made so I removed the cfg entry and rewrote it and that fixed the issue. I'm not too sure what was wrong with it and I'm even less sure of how it caused the issue it did but at least its fixed lol.
Thanks for your help!
Howdy,
I had an issue with my P-51 Civ at one point. It did not effect just one skin but rather the entire civilian package. The issue turned out to be the use an apostrophe ( ' ) in the name of one of the planes in the aircraft.cfg file. It was a paint that one of our squad members did called "Howlin' Stallion". This was on the title=xxxxxxx row and on the ui_variation=xxxxxxx row. I had to remove the apostrophe and put the ( g ) in its place. Could you check that you don't have something like this going on. Code can use special characters in places and they need an opener and closer to complete the task. I am not a coder by any stretch but this was what I did to repair my P-51.

Good luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

WB_FlashOver wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 19:48
HE11DUDE04 wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 12:49 It was a paint that I had made so I removed the cfg entry and rewrote it and that fixed the issue. I'm not too sure what was wrong with it and I'm even less sure of how it caused the issue it did but at least its fixed lol.
Thanks for your help!
Howdy,
I had an issue with my P-51 Civ at one point. It did not effect just one skin but rather the entire civilian package. The issue turned out to be the use an apostrophe ( ' ) in the name of one of the planes in the aircraft.cfg file. It was a paint that one of our squad members did called "Howlin' Stallion". This was on the title=xxxxxxx row and on the ui_variation=xxxxxxx row. I had to remove the apostrophe and put the ( g ) in its place. Could you check that you don't have something like this going on. Code can use special characters in places and they need an opener and closer to complete the task. I am not a coder by any stretch but this was what I did to repair my P-51.

Good luck
Roger
The name never had any apostrophe's however, I think I could've removed a line of code accidentally or added a special character in somewhere. Annoyingly it's too late to check now as I already deleted the bad one.
AKA "Memey"

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”