Transparent black squares around aircraft lights

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
Kilua
Airman

Transparent black squares around aircraft lights

Post by Kilua »

I've done some research and couldn't find any real answers on how to resolve this issue. I have Ultimate Traffic 2 and have used the add-on that will assign all the AI aircrafts so that it uses the 3D Lights. But when viewing the AI aircraft up close, you can see they have a black transparent square around the lights. This problem only happens on the AI planes and not on the actually planes that I fly in. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix this. Also when assigning 3D Lights to AI aircraft, aren't the landing lights suppose to illuminate the ground at night? I see the lights but I don't see any light spill onto the tarmac.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Transparent black squares around aircraft lights

Post by Scott - A2A »

We don't have that program here, but are not aware of any issues with it. Black squares usually mean a texture is missing. Did you try installing 3d lights and the the v.1.2a update here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... _v1.2a.zip

These lights are the 3d portion of the lights (hence the name) and don't modify any of the ground illumination since that is handled in each of the airplanes.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kilua
Airman

Post by Kilua »

Yes I have, I ran the 1.2a exe and it detected I have Windows Vista, but I'm running Windows 7. So should I say yes or no to that? After that, the problem still remains. Do you know exactly what texture file I may be missing so I can check. This problem has been bothering me for the longest time and now I want to finally get it fixed once and for all.

Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's not a missing texture since you can see it on your airplane.

There are three textures included:
1. fx_shockwave_circle.bmp
2. fx_shockwave_light
3. fx_swave_lights_1

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

MikiOne
Airman Basic

Post by MikiOne »

The same problem is with me - FSX Acceleration, default airplanes, DX10. I tried Shockwave 3D Redux Lights 1 and update 1.2. No effect. Can you help me and sorry for my English...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

MikiOne wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 14:16 The same problem is with me - FSX Acceleration, default airplanes, DX10. I tried Shockwave 3D Redux Lights 1 and update 1.2. No effect. Can you help me and sorry for my English...
Hello,

you will want to turn off the dx10 preview mode unless you are using the third party dx10 fixer application. DX10 in FSX is as noted only a preview and is fundamentally broken as you are currently experiencing. Steve's dx10 fixer application pretty much fixes this and from a flight simmer perspective when I was flying FSX regularly I considered it a must have add-on that vastly improved the FSX experience by fixing and adding to the dx10 mode.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MikiOne
Airman Basic

Post by MikiOne »

Thanks for the answer. I tried FSX in DX9 mode but no result... I have installed Steves fixer - no result too. I noticed that in texture folder is missing fx_circle_2.bmp!!! Used in fx_navred.fx... etc. Where can I get it?

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”