Square Runway & Aircraft Lights

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
almwhit
Airman Basic

Square Runway & Aircraft Lights

Post by almwhit »

Hello,
I recenlty bought your product and I think it is fantastic. My issue is that almost all of my lights are now square. I have loaded the 1.2 update. I have also loaded the round texture file I found in the posts, but it did not help.

Can you assist me please?

Thank you,
Jim

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Square Runway & Aircraft Lights

Post by Scott - A2A »

In your EFFECTS / TEXTURE folder, you should have these three texture files:

fx_shockwave_circle
fx_shockwave_light
fx_swave_lights_1

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Check PM.
A2A Simulations Inc.

northtexas
Airman Basic

Post by northtexas »

I am having the same problem of square aircraft lights and noticed that I do not have the file fx_shockwave_circle in my Effects/Texture folder although the other two shockwave files are there. I have tried several installations including the 1.2 update but am still missing that file.

**PLEASE DISREGARD** I found the fix.

jackjones2983
Airman Basic

Post by jackjones2983 »

Hi,

after houres of reading the forum... i´ve not found the "FIX" alias "fx_shockwave_circle" :cry:

@Northtexas

You wrote that you found it !? Can you maybe tell me where !?! I only found an fx named: fx_circle_2
but this wasn´t helping anyway....

THX

Jack

northtexas
Airman Basic

Post by northtexas »

I never found "fx_shockwave_circle" either. What I did was download and install the SW_3D_lights_fix.rar found at this thread and it fixed my square lights problem. http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... 32&t=12264

jackjones2983
Airman Basic

Post by jackjones2983 »

What ab bummmer!!! I´d try this one too, but i still have these squares....

My System:

Win Vista 64-Bit
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
Nvidia 8800 GTS (512)
8 GIG Ram
FSX with SP2

Maybe someone else have an idea.... :!: :?: :!: :?:

Scott opines that we need the "fx_shockwave_circle"....

northtexas
Airman Basic

Post by northtexas »

northtexas wrote:I never found "fx_shockwave_circle" either. What I did was download and install the SW_3D_lights_fix.rar found at this thread and it fixed my square lights problem. http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... 32&t=12264
I was wrong, I do have fx_shockwave_circle in my effects/texture folder so apparently my square light problem had a different source and probably why that "fix" I quoted worked for me.

jackjones2983
Airman Basic

Post by jackjones2983 »

I´ve fixed it by myself....

I had downloadet the "fix" from the other threat an renamed it into: fx_shockwave_circle !! and reduced it to 64x64 pixel !! (must not be reduced, but i did)

That´s all.....

THX to nothtexas for helping

fsfred
Airman Basic

Post by fsfred »

This is my first post to this forum for some badly needed help/guidance.
I purchased and installed Shockwave 3D Lights Redux for FSX, and the patch 1.2a. I still have square navigation and airport runway lights! What can I do do stop this? The square lights appear on all aircraft, even the default ones supposedly updated by the install program. If I can't resolve this issue, I may have to uninstall the software and go to just regular ole lights.
Is there any one in this assembled multitude that has an answer on this issue? For immediate help please email me with the answer/solution at fregan97@gmaildotcom--remove the word dot, this is to avoid web spiders looking for email addresses.
Thanks!

fsfred
Airman Basic

Post by fsfred »

Ok, I did the update thing and even the circle file fix, but I still have square nav lights! Where is the folder to fix this issue?
Help it's driving me crazy! :twisted:

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

fsfred,

We are not mindreaders. What are your system specs?

Normal support is supplied via replies in the forum so that the lessons learned can be shared by all and not have to be repeated ad nauseum. Having read all similar posts on the issue in this forum, please be more specific about what you have tried.

I suspect I know what the problem is, so as soon as you provide sufficient information for the troubleshoot, someone can assist.
Simon Evans

fsfred
Airman Basic

Post by fsfred »

I have given up on finding a fix. I uninstalled the lights and had to repair my FSX installation to get rid of the square lights. I would like a refund since this product is incompatible with FSX as so many people have posted on this forum, the software has a major bug!
:x

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”