Installing the lights into 3rd party aircraft?

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
wombat457
Airman Basic

Installing the lights into 3rd party aircraft?

Post by wombat457 »

First up, I don't use generic panels in the aircraft I fly but 3rd party panels.
Those panels do not have a VCockpit01 section within the Panel .cfg. Therefore, editing the Panel .cfg (as per the rubbish manual) cannot be done.
As such, will the lights works without that panel .cfg edit?

I have installed the lights into, for example, the SMS 747 and 737-700 and don't see any difference in the lighting at all so I can only assume that the panel .cfg does have to be edited accordingly and that, in my case, cannot be done due to the non existence of the VCockpit01 section.

Also, I applied the update (the utility thing) and checked the "show landing lights all the time" and that also doesn't happen. Could be I have wasted my money on these lights?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Installing the lights into 3rd party aircraft?

Post by Scott - A2A »

Take a look at this short tutorial: http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 32&t=11776

You don't need to use the panel.cfg except if you wish to turn the lights on or off with retractable landing gear.

If you have 3D Lights installed, all you need to do is add them to the aircraft.cfg, in the [LIGHTS] section. Make sure and verify that the spelling of the effects you add is the exact same as the effects in your EFFECTS folder.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

garymbuska
Airman Basic

Re: Installing the lights into 3rd party aircraft?

Post by garymbuska »

wombat457 wrote: 31 Jul 2017, 00:18 First up, I don't use generic panels in the aircraft I fly but 3rd party panels.
Those panels do not have a VCockpit01 section within the Panel .cfg. Therefore, editing the Panel .cfg (as per the rubbish manual) cannot be done.
As such, will the lights works without that panel .cfg edit?

I have installed the lights into, for example, the SMS 747 and 737-700 and don't see any difference in the lighting at all so I can only assume that the panel .cfg does have to be edited accordingly and that, in my case, cannot be done due to the non existence of the VCockpit01 section.

Also, I applied the update (the utility thing) and checked the "show landing lights all the time" and that also doesn't happen. Could be I have wasted my money on these lights?
All you have to do is to create a VCOCKPIT section
[VCockpit01]
gaugexx=shockwave_lights!SW Lights, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light
or
gaugexx=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1 // shockwave light

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”