Skockwave; lighting and p3dv4.4

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
unc1rlm
Airman Basic

Skockwave; lighting and p3dv4.4

Post by unc1rlm »

I am totally new at this. I have P3dv4.4... I have redone an airport for my own use. (with ADE) I have stocked it(like fish...lol) with lots of vintage aircraft of Piedmont Airline. I have a Martin 404; YS11a; DC3; 767-201;D18; and various other props. Some of them are AI's and some are payware airplanes in order to get working models. Some were converted by MCX to FSX in order to use with p3dv4. I use AIFP to create flight plans so planes will land and take off from this now defunct airport.

MY problem is that my airport is almost totally in the dark and most of the planes have very little if any outside or exterior aircraft lights and if they do, any than an occasional beacon, don't even shine on the runway or taxiways.

I just bought A2A Shockwave and used Migration tool to install and added fsx airplanes to get the install done. Guess there isn't a later version.

Any help appreciated. Just using this airport and aircraft for eye candy. I worked for Piedmont in the early 70's..Its just for nostalgia. :)

Just as an update: I ran into this on A2A..considering this..any input appreciated: a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=65338

Warmest and Bestest Regards to everyone,
Bob M. :mrgreen:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Skockwave; lighting and p3dv4.4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bob and welcome to the forums.

The A2A Shockwave Lights are quite an old product for Flight Simulator X. They're not supported in Prepar3D.

Bear in mind that as well as many rendering differences when compared to FSX, Preapr3D v4 is also a 64-bit platform. It sounds like you may have some rendering issues in the sim caused by trying to convert products not designed for the platform.

Best regards,
Nick

unc1rlm
Airman Basic

Re: Skockwave; lighting and p3dv4.4

Post by unc1rlm »

Well Thank you Nick,...uhmmmm you just gave me an idee.
Warmest Regards,
Bob M. :lol:

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”