P-40 Question

With the Flying Tigers shark-toothed paint, the P40 is the most famous fighter of the second world war.
new reply
mal998
Airman Basic

P-40 Question

Post by mal998 »

Hi All,
I just saw the news that the P-40 is going to get the Accu-Sim treatment.

Is there any chance that we could see an "E" model along side the current "B" model?

That would sure make my day!

BR's,
mal

blackhawks
Technical Sergeant

Re: P-40 Question

Post by blackhawks »

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=28

I think they will stick with the same models and simply add all of the accusim goodies. Prop rotation should be fixed too. :mrgreen:
-mike

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

You have to remember that with Accu-Sim we are modeling airplanes and their systems right to the core. We do this because it is important that all of these systems behave correctly in most, if not all situations.

So, for example, when we do an Accu-Sim P-47D and all of it's systems, we can't just 'add on' a P47N. We used to do this years ago when we were just banging out stock flight simulator aircraft, but now the research required is multiplied over those days.

What is interesting, at least for me personally, is when we accusim these earlier warbirds, they can be more fun to fly. They are raw. Take the Spitfire Ia, where we added the manual gear pump. You have to pump pump pump to raise the gear, and it sort of makes you appreciate the advancement in an automatic, powered gear extension / retraction system. This P-40B is very much a raw plane to fly. It has no manifold pressure regulator (like on the Spitfires, P-51D for example), so you hold a lot of power (and danger) in that throttle.

Also, the initial reason we chose the B is from our research with the Flying Tigers in Burma.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

the plane model (VC, external) is still very good..

but, is there any plan to update the "textures" ?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, we are currently going through the texture maps. We hope to improve them while maintaining compatibility with 3rd party paints already online.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mal998
Airman Basic

Post by mal998 »

Thanks Scott, for the speedy reply.

Your explanation makes perfect sense so keep up the great work!

BR's,
mal

blackhawks
Technical Sergeant

Post by blackhawks »

Scott - A2A wrote:Yes, we are currently going through the texture maps. We hope to improve them while maintaining compatibility with 3rd party paints already online.

Scott.
You did a brilliant job making the B-17 paints compatable, yet improving them significantly. Thanks for even considering this with the P-40. I'm planning on upgrading everything I've done with the new release anyway, and I'm sure there will be a new influx of painters as with the Spitfire. Can't wait to see what Martin does with the paint kit, and all the accusim features you've described have me drooling for this release. Thanks for all the hard work and for being so attentive to your customers here on the forums.
-mike

new reply

Return to “P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”