Can't get off the ground no matter what

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Can't get off the ground no matter what

Post by Jacques »

Did you run the latest update after you installed the 377? I don’t see that mentioned anywhere…although you may have and I simply missed it.

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Jacques wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 11:33 Did you run the latest update after you installed the 377? I don’t see that mentioned anywhere…although you may have and I simply missed it.
Where is the update?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The required updater for our FSX products can be found here;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

The best bet for troubleshooting is to get all updated and make sure you have a stripped default install. Not using FSUIPC or any other third party control hardware that could cause issues, deploy spoilers and other ghost controls with this stuff meaning that all the troubleshooting could be done but prove a moot point if the issue is actually with other software.

thansk,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 06:44 The required updater for our FSX products can be found here;

The best bet for troubleshooting is to get all updated and make sure you have a stripped default install. Not using FSUIPC or any other third party control hardware that could cause issues, deploy spoilers and other ghost controls with this stuff meaning that all the troubleshooting could be done but prove a moot point if the issue is actually with other software.

thansk,
Lewis - A2A
After doing the update, the b377 still won't take off. I was liking this aircraft to and this might be my final purchase since it doesn't work or take off at all. All I can do is listen to the engine sounds.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you checked all the controls as I mentioned?

The common reason for the result you describe is a control conflict in your software causing ghost inputs forcing the aircraft to make random control inputs such as you describe.

thanks,
Lewis

andrewhb17
Airman

Post by andrewhb17 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 07:13 Have you checked all the controls as I mentioned?

The common reason for the result you describe is a control conflict in your software causing ghost inputs forcing the aircraft to make random control inputs such as you describe.

thanks,
Lewis
Also, have you received my private message about B377’s elevator weird deflection yet?

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

andrewhb17 wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 07:16
Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 07:13 Have you checked all the controls as I mentioned?

thanks,
Lewis
Also, have you received my private message about B377’s elevator weird deflection yet?
No, but it does have a weird delfection.

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

AbstractArtist wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 06:55
Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 06:44 The required updater for our FSX products can be found here;

thansk,
Lewis - A2A
After doing the update, the b377 still won't take off. I was liking this aircraft. All I can do is listen to the engine sounds.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Guys,

can you please make sure we keep it all here in the support forums.

As mentioned, from explanation this looks like a control issue on your systems, since the 377 released in 2008 and I cannot recall this ever being reported before. The few times anything like this was reported was due to users running FSUIPC and or multiple controllers one of which was doing something like deploying spoilers etc in the sim causing the plane to violently pitch in the direction of the ghost control.

Can you please let me know if you have gone back to as near default as possible and are just running the 377 without FSUIPC, and other addons for controls running.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 09:32 Hey Guys,

can you please make sure we keep it all here in the support forums.

As mentioned, from explanation this looks like a control issue on your systems, since the 377 released in 2008 and I cannot recall this ever being reported before. The few times anything like this was reported was due to users running FSUIPC and or multiple controllers one of which was doing something like deploying spoilers etc in the sim causing the plane to violently pitch in the direction of the ghost control.

Can you please let me know if you have gone back to as near default as possible and are just running the 377 without FSUIPC, and other addons for controls running.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
hi, I do have a Salitek x45 hotas and took off FSUIPC since I never used it. Plus the A2A 172 does it too. I'll be glad to send you what is inside my fse airplane folders.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you tried using the keyboard to control the aircraft with the controller fully unplugged, i'd still be wagering on this being a simple control issue, as mentioned with something like spoilers being deployed or trim being jammed to its extent.

You now also mention the C172, are you saying this shoots upwards too, is this a new issue for the 172?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

andrewhb17
Airman

Post by andrewhb17 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 06:59 Hello,

have you tried using the keyboard to control the aircraft with the controller fully unplugged, i'd still be wagering on this being a simple control issue, as mentioned with something like spoilers being deployed or trim being jammed to its extent.

You now also mention the C172, are you saying this shoots upwards too, is this a new issue for the 172?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I also tried using mouse and keyboard to control the B377 without using my Hotas or my rudder pedals, plus I unplugged them already, but I got no results.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Andrew,

the more information you provide the better, can you please elaborate on got "no results"

thanks,
Lewis

andrewhb17
Airman

Post by andrewhb17 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 17:53 Hello Andrew,

the more information you provide the better, can you please elaborate on got "no results"

thanks,
Lewis
Forget the word I said “no results”, it’s means; it’s does not worked.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Lewis, from what I observed with Andrewwhb17 during a livestream was as follows :
Controls and keybindings seemed to be without conflict.
On the ground the elevator smoothly followed the movements of the joystick, as did the trim tab.
However once in the air (with a COG well within limits and neutral trim), speed slowly increasing and reducing flaps, the joystick required 90-100% forward movement (elevator showing 90-100% down) just to maintain required pitch of 0-1000 fpm. This behaviour remained the same at full clean configuration in level flight up near 200 knots.

Both of these guys are running FSX Steam. Does anyone else have a Steam install with the B377 for testing?
I did a quick flight last week with FSX and everything was working fine for me.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”