Can't get off the ground no matter what

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Re: Can't get off the ground no matter what

Post by AbstractArtist »

andrewhb17 wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 13:37
AbstractArtist wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 12:45
Tug002 wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 09:58

Just wondering. Do you belong to the beta testing group in FSX Steam? I do and wonder if that is causing the problem as there are updates quite often on the Steam platform.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Yes, after I joined the beta on FSX Steam it started happening. Just flew the 172 and it's now unflyable.
I actually took Steam back off Beta and it's working. Going to put Screenshots after I land.
Recommend changing version from Beta to normal on FSX steam edition, so you won’t had a problem flying with the C172, especially the B377. Hopes this helps for you. :)

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Lewis, this still doesnt fix my problem of why my B377 won’t fly in MSFS. I’m not on any beta there.
Cheers
Trev

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

AbstractArtist wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 14:26
andrewhb17 wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 13:37
AbstractArtist wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 12:45
Yes, after I joined the beta on FSX Steam it started happening. Just flew the 172 and it's now unflyable.
I actually took Steam back off Beta and it's working. Going to put Screenshots after I land.
Recommend changing version from Beta to normal on FSX steam edition, so you won’t had a problem flying with the C172, especially the B377. Hopes this helps for you. :)
Thanks for the heads up. I will give it a try as soon as I get a chance.

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I quit the beata and tried the 377 and it still needs full trim down to fly it. I don't know how to roll back the updates on steam so I think that I am out of luck.

Keep smiling

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Make sure you give it time to redownload the files Tug in steam. Pop to the download tab if you need to force it.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Thanks for the tip Lewis. I will give that a try. Will let you know how it goes when I am able to fly it again.

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

So I went to Steam and it said that it was up to date. I tried the 377 and the same thing is going on with it, full trim down to fly level and the 172 about half trim down to fly level. I took the connie up and it fly fine so it seems that it is just the 2 that have the trim problem. Any suggestions on what my next move might be?
It's been 3 days since I got out of beta. I couldn't find the download tab you mentioned.

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

All good in Tuggy Land :lol: So after I posted the above I got enough time to go to Steam and sift through their website. After about an hour of clicking on every tab and clickable thing they have I found what Lewis was referring to and was able to force the update which fixed the problem. I find it weird that it only affected a few aircraft in various degrees though. Anyway all is good and I am up and flying again.

Thank you all for your help, it was much appreciated. :)

Keep smiling

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Tug: Glad you finally got it working! I've been watching this saga from afar, so to speak. I knew that the issue would get resolved eventually - and was hoping that you would stick with it until the end, which you did, and now all is cool. Excellent!

Hope you enjoy the 377 and the C172.

Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down!
ATB

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Paughco wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 11:31 Tug: Glad you finally got it working! I've been watching this saga from afar, so to speak. I knew that the issue would get resolved eventually - and was hoping that you would stick with it until the end, which you did, and now all is cool. Excellent!

Hope you enjoy the 377 and the C172.

Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down!
ATB
Thank you for your support. Always good help here. I enjoy flying all of my A2A aircraft. :)

Keep smiling

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”