Great

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Great

Post by 46th_Terror »

I have been waiting for a really good set of heavy WWII bombers to come out for this sim. Flying just isnt the same without them to me. the previews look really good.

Post by Guest »

You are not even going to believe the incredible detail in these AirPower models. Everything has been taken to a higher level.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

This looks really awesome!

I'm going to be very impressed especially if the aircraft controls work from mousing over the intruments and equipment in cockpit.

Next question I have though is this, Is the scenery as easy to edit and add to as in CFS3? Can't see flying a 17 from a real airport ... would rather get some WWII base scenery and fly from the bases. :p

:salute:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, the scenery is editable. I shared your thoughts before we began this project about flying in modern times, but I have to tell you, it is addictive like you wouldn't believe with these aircraft. They are not WWII replicas, they are WWII aircraft, as they exist today when in flying condition.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

46th_BlackWatch
Airman

Post by 46th_BlackWatch »

Very nice gentlemen :wink:

Jayman
Airman

Post by Jayman »

Snuffy_Hadden wrote:This looks really awesome!

I'm going to be very impressed especially if the aircraft controls work from mousing over the intruments and equipment in cockpit.

Next question I have though is this, Is the scenery as easy to edit and add to as in CFS3? Can't see flying a 17 from a real airport ... would rather get some WWII base scenery and fly from the bases. :p

These cockpits are going to be the most complete and detailed cockpits in FS9. Every switch or lever that can be assigned a function in FS9 will work (FS9 doesn't include all functions), and all these controls -- switches, levers -- will be mouseable in the VC. The VC's in these planes are so good that it's hard to tell them from the 2D panel. This is going to push FS9 to a new level.

Another entirely new aspect of these planes is the flight models. They are not being "ported" over from CFS3. Every plane is being redone from the ground up using the Authentic Flight Model process (AFM), and these planes will have Accurate Engine Management (AEM, a component of the AFM process) as well as being given the full wind tunnel treatment. This means that not only will they take off, climb, and perform at top speed like the real thing -- the engine will respond and perform exactly as the real aircraft, from idle to redline. The cruise settings, from the slowest economical cruise to the maximum cruise, will match the actual aircraft, as will the range. For example, as we look at the actual performance chart for the B-24D (from the classified Consolidated Manual), it shows that at a gross weight of 55,000 lbs, with a manifold pressure of 31" and engine rpm of 1950 at an altitude of 25,000 feet, the engines should be producing 600 horsepower and the plane should fly at an indicated airspeed of 150 mph, with a fuel consumption of about 200 gallons per hour. The AirPower B-24D matches this performance exactly, giving it exactly the same range as the real aircraft.

When you combine this accuracy with the massive functionality of the VC and 2D panels, these planes are going to be perfect for those long ferry flights where fuel management is an absolute must. It's also fun knowing your plane is burning fuel and climbing just like the real thing.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Availabilty

Post by Snuffy »

Okay ... so next question.

WHEN is it available for purchase in U.S.? I'm dying already.

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

I wounder if I could make a WWII airport. It would be really nice to have a B-17 taking off from a WWII airport and reflying some of the actual mission routes that thay flew.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

You can finish the model of Deenethorpe I sent ya Terror. :p
That'd suit me more than anything. (I'd even take it so that it would work in CFS3! :D)

Go! 401st BG(H)

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”