What are the differences between the WOPII and WOPIII P-47s

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
Jib01
Senior Airman

What are the differences between the WOPII and WOPIII P-47s

Post by Jib01 »

It looks like you can't use WOPII skins on WOPIII P-47s. Is that correct ? What else is different ?

Regards
jib01
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: What are the differences between the WOPII and WOPIII P-47s

Post by Skycat »

When I first got the WoP3 pack, I asked myself the same question. Here is what I found:
http://ww2fighters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3803 (Links to WoP2 screenshots are embedded within for comparison).

This is by no means an exhaustive comparison. The WoP3 was built with the AccuSim expansion in mind, and AccuSim is what really pushes the WoP 3 version way out ahead of its predecessors (and IMO, ahead of all FSX single engined prop fighters currently available, including the RealAir Spitfires, the Warbirdsim P-51B/C and the Real Flight Simulations F6F Hellcat). But if you aren't really interested in AccuSim or working turbo systems, etc., the WoP3 version is still an improvement over the WoP2 version in several aspects. The product's preview videos showcase the more realistic metal skins and cockpit shadowing, for example, but the cockpit is also much improved. Bottom line for me, the WoP3 version is so much better a flying experience that I was comfortable with completely deleting the WoP2 Thunderbolt from my FSX folder. :)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Re: What are the differences between the WOPII and WOPIII P-

Post by VulcanB2 »

Hi,

Without AccuSim: Updated model I think is the only change.

With AccuSim: Everything! You get a complex engine model, realistic instrument behaviors and lots of additional sound effects that play depending on the situation.

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”