P47 engine cuts out.

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
eeyore
Airman Basic

Re: P47 engine cuts out.

Post by eeyore »

Greetings and salutations. I just purchased the P-47 yesterday and I am having the exact same problems. Engine cuts out regardless of temp gauges and following all recommended fixes here. Not very happy about this problem.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

eeyore wrote:Greetings and salutations. I just purchased the P-47 yesterday and I am having the exact same problems. Engine cuts out regardless of temp gauges and following all recommended fixes here. Not very happy about this problem.
Hello and welcome to the forums, if you can start a new thread with the exact issues you are having we can then better help you. Basics to check are that your system meets the minimum requirements, FSX all updated etc and also that if an Accu-sim user you are all updated with the latest Accu-sim updater.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Try turning automixture to on in fsx. I know its not supposed to be that way but when i was running the boxed version of fsx the p47 would only run correctly if auto mixture was turned on. Id have to turn it off for all other planes. Worth a try if nothing else is working.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

crim3
Senior Airman

Post by crim3 »

It's been a long time... years in fact. But in a strike of nostalgia I felt the need to return to FSX (my simulator has been DCS for the lasts years) and fly my old P-47 with its ancient Accusim tech that I used to enjoy so much in the past.

As I was dragging the FSX files through several windows re-installations (so I didn't have to re-download the whole thing) I run into all kind of strange problems related to file permissions affecting simconnect, etc. The P-47 files were already in place so after sorting the problems to run FSX correctly I could select the P-47 and fly, but I encounter the exact behavior described by the original poster.
Everything seems to work correctly but after something like 2 minutes the engine dies cold. So, this morning I quickly search the installation files in a backup of mine, delete the wop3 p47 files in my FSX installation (steam edition by the way) and reinstalled base package and accusim for P-47. I didn't applied any patch but I run the automatic on-line updater (that was new for me!). Did a short test, and the engine was still running normally after something like 10 minutes. So that may has fixed it.

Just in case it helps.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”