unable to make macros

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

unable to make macros

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have tried till blue in the face to make macros for the p-47d fuel switches , and FSUIPC does not respond,as a video showed on makeing macros , when i exit fsuipc to operate a switch in the vc , i get no green bar asking for the switch .i need help.
As anyone got the fsuipc lines i could copy and paste with the bits i would need to alter for my ch sw`s , i did try other switches in the vc, but its as if it does not see the mouse operating the sw`s in the vc , and there for not able to finish the macro setup.
Regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: unable to make macros

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Might be best to PM Nick who's recently been learning FSUIPC or someone like guenseli or Gypsy Baron who have heaps of experience fiddling with hardware for custom setups.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Alan - sounds like you're trying to create a mouse macro. Your best bet is probably text macros. There are a few topics on the forums here which may help with this. These two by 'Flashman' were very helpful in getting me started with creating text macros:

Assigning Controls: creating a Macro file for FSUIPC and How to assign Joystick Buttons to Accusim Commands.

However, Lewis mentions 'guenseli' (Guenter Steiner) and the LINDA software which he's involved with (http://fs-linda.com) is perhaps your best bet if you're having difficulties with the FSUIPC interface.

Cheers,
Nick

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Nick.
Had a look at the links , and on the first link i started following the instructions , got f3/f4 assigned to lua log lvars/luakillall , and i can see the red writing start and stop , but it fails to follow step 3 , as it does not produce a file log.lvars.log , i have followed the instructions as the link suggests , but cannot progress any further , i have tried a couple of aircraft , withoiut luck . now stumped.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Why not give LINDA a try Alan? Though I don't use it myself (yet) I've had a look and the interface seems very good. There's a support forum at Avsim and guenseli hangs out here too. Not sure if there's a predefined LINDA configuration file for the A2A P-47, but there's one for most of their products.

Nick

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

There isn't any for the P47, I'm working on my own, almost there..
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Nick.
Had a look at the links , and on the first link i started following the instructions , got f3/f4 assigned to lua log lvars/luakillall , and i can see the red writing start and stop , but it fails to follow step 3 , as it does not produce a file log.lvars.log , i have followed the instructions as the link suggests , but cannot progress any further , i have tried a couple of aircraft , withoiut luck . now stumped.
regards alan. 8)
Hi alan,

Take a look at your FSUIPC Logging tab. 'Log Lua separately' (or something like that) should be selected. This should allow creation of the log.lvars.log file.

The problem I have with this file is that, with an A2A aircraft loaded, there is a constant stream of data pouring into the log. This makes picking out the item I'm looking for difficult. There is a good chance there is something I'm doing wrong, but the only time I use this technique is when I know exactly what I'm looking for and can search the log.lvars.log for it.

Hope this helps.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Jim.
Cheers i will give it a go and see what happens.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”