Problems with A2A P-47

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Problems with A2A P-47

Post by Alan_A »

What I do is keep all my add-on downloads in an FSX Downloads folder, which lives on a separate internal drive. Then I back that up periodically to both an external drive and cloud backup. So no individual installer disks, but all the installers in an easy-to-find place, with a couple of layers of redundancy. Works for me, including on a couple of occasions when I've had to go dig out an old installer. Maybe worth a look.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Back again_____ I just flew the P-47 and the J-3 Cub for the first time with Accu-simm. I'm sorry to say that it was VERY disappointing. The J-3 flies great but it will not make a normal decent with the power off. I slow to 60 mph, apply carb heat, and pull the power off____ the decent is extremely slow. Even at 50 mph, the airplane does not want to land. if I lower the nose, the airspeed immediately picks up to 80 mph. This is not normal. It is impossible to land like this.
The P-47 still has the same problem it had before. When I start the engine, the mixture is automatically in auto rich. Smoke is everywhere. As soon as I put the mixture to full rich, the smoke disappears. Again___ not normal. I take off with the mixture in full rich. As soon as I get to altitude and pull the mixture back to auto rich or auto lean, smoke coming from everywhere. Airplane looks like it's on fire. I spent a lot of money to fix the problems and I'm disgusted. I expected a lot more from A2A. I flew the J-3 for years as in instructor and none of them flew like this :( Pete

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Pete,

I can't help you with the Cub as I don't have it yet.

But you did run the update program after your new purchases?

With regards to the P-47 - Did you configure your FSX realism settings per the manual?

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Yes____ I updated all of them. the P-51 does great but the other two_____ ugh. The P-47 is configured by the book.
I think you understand that when I spend this much money and it doesn't work out, I get a little upset. :(

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Oh yeah, I think all of us can understand that! :D

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Pete,

Do you have FSX Acceleration, or have you installed sp1 and sp2 for FSX?

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Your fsx settings are set automixture off right?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

:oops: You were right. I had all the controls set for maximum realism but I had the "enable auto mixture" still on. :oops:
Flew around the patch again and everything seemed to work OK :D You're a genius. Don't know what I would do without all you guys. Thanks again for all your help (and patience) Pete

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

The thing you have to remember with A2A planes is that they're built for total realism, or as close as can be done for a computer simulator. Those of us who have ever flown in command of a plane in real life understand this, so I can understand that you might be feeling frustrated if you feel you've bought a dud. You haven't. It's most likely that the problem lies with your understanding, your controller set up or your sim set up, and not the A2A plane. However, because of the realism factor, and the GA fleet which can be used a a teaching tool, these planes may not be for all simmers.

So please always ask a question here. There will always be someone here who can help.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”