Problems with A2A P-47

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
pmesmer
Senior Airman

Problems with A2A P-47

Post by pmesmer »

I have about 35 versions of the P-47 on my computer and only 17 work as they should. The other 18 are unusable. When I select "fly now", the cockpit shows on my screen but when I look to the left or right all I see is black. The same goes when trying to look forward . When I select an external view, the airplane appears normal.
Of the 17 that are appearing normally, When I select "fly now", The airplane shows up on the runway with smoke billowing everywhere. When I start the engine, the mixture control is automatically set to "auto rich". If I move the mixture control to full rich, the smoke disappears. This is just the opposite of what should be happening. If I take off with the mixture in "auto rich", (with an external view), the airplane has smoke billowing from everywhere and looks like it's on fire. If I fly with the mixture in full rich and get to altitude, as soon as I move to "auto lean", the same thing happens. (airplane looks like it's on fire). A2A has a wonderful reputation, but I think this model has a glitch in the program. Is anyone else experiencing this? :roll:

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Problems with A2A P-47

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Check that all your add on repaints are for the FSX Thunderbolt (Wings of Power 3). There are plenty of older paints for the FS9 Wings of Power 2 Thunderbolt, but these won't work with the WOP3 Thunderbolt. As I understand it, FS9 paints won't work if you have SP2 or Acceleration Pack installed on your FSX installation, and you need SP2 or AP for your A2A planes to work.

Look in the texture folders of the paints that don't work. If the file extension is .bmp, then these are old FS9 paints. You'll need to delete them and amend your aircraft.cfg file accordingly. FSX paints that should work all have the file extension .dds.

The good news is that there are plenty of excellent paints around for the WOP3 P-47. I have over 100 on my P-47's. On the other hand, you may be able to convert the .bmp files to .dds format, but don't ask me how this is done. Hopefully someone else may chime in here.

Hope this helps,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Mike_____ thanks for your reply. :D I'm not sure I know how to do all the things you mentioned. I haven't up dated this program so it's "stock". I believe it's the latest version. Guess I'll have to tinker a bit and see what I can do. :roll: Pete

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

which product is this for?

Over the years we have created and sold 3 P-47 products.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Pmessmer,

I think Mike is right, sounds like a few issues cropping up. First, have you run the latest update for all accu-sim aircraft? It is available here:

Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

You will see a lot of aircraft you may or may not have, just let it go through the process and when it is done, you P-47 will be up to date.

If you are using FSX or FSX/ Steam Edition then the following applies.
If you are attempting to use this in P3D then someone else will need to provide some help.

You will need to go through the manual (p. 17 ) to make sure you have FSX or FSX/SE realism settings set up correctly with regards to advanced animations and auto mixture settings.

It is also critically important that you always start FSX or FSX/SE with a default aircraft, such as the default Cessna. Starting directly into the sim with an advanced aircraft will cause all sorts of problems.

With regards to textures, I again agree with Mike, having done this myself in the not too distant past! Trying to load a texture created for fs9 into FSX will result in black textures. Some of the cockpit may be fine, the rest will be a black void!

Lots of help available here to get you back up and running so post back for clarification or any other questions.

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Lewis_____ The version I have is Wing of Power 3 + Accu-Sim. I purchased it on March 12, 2012

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Jacques_____ I downloaded the 5-6-16 update and it did a search of my computer for all the A2A aircraft. For some strange reason, it did not find several A2A aircraft that I have. it did not find my P-51, __The P-47___ :cry: the J-3 Cub. I guess no updates were downloaded for those aircraft. It did find my B-17, Comanche, and T-6. (I just discovered that I do not have the Comanche) Why would that search find the Comanche, which I don't have and not find my P-47? STRANGE :roll:

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Which aircraft do you have that are accusim?

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

All the aircraft listed above are accu-sim,

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The P-51, P-47 and the J3 Cub all have a separate accu-sim package that needs to be installed. So there is the base pack aircraft and then another pack with accu-sim for each of these three aircraft. You have accu-sim installed for each aircraft?

The update program will look for every accu-sim aircraft and display a message saying whether the aircraft was found or not found, and if found whether it was already up to date or if the update was applied. So even though you don't have the comanche, it would look for it on your computer. I don't think the program would find something that doesn't exist on your computer!

So, I would make sure that you have the base packs for the P-51, P-47 and the Cub installed, and also ensure that the accusim pack for these aircraft has been installed, run the updater again and see what happens. Pay close attention to the message box to see what it is telling you as it goes through the aircraft.

You are using FSX,,yes?

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Jacques_____ I had thought that all A2A aircraft were Accu-sim but I was wrong. I found the Accu-sim programs for the J-3, P-51 and P-47 and downloaded them. (cost me a hundred bucks) :cry: I tried to install the updates but the program could not find the J-3 Cub or the P-47. The P-51 was found and updated OK. I know the airplanes are there but I don't understand why they cannot be found. The program recommends re-installing the aircraft but I do not have a backup disk for any of them. They want me to buy the airplanes again :cry: (expensive). I don't now what happened to my back-ups but I don't have them. Don't know what to do now. I don't want to have to buy them again. :roll: Oh___and I am using FSX.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Sorry about that....it is a setback for sure. You can always spread your purchase of the base aircraft apart so it isn't so painful. This also gives you time to really learn one aircraft without the distraction of others dividing your attention!

When you do purchase your base aircraft, I would really recommend doing so direct from A2A. There is no time limit... you get five (? ) downloads from their site, and if you use all of them it is a simple matter of sending Lewis a private message through these forums with your purchase information and he'll set you up with more downloads. You should always back up your download purchases on a hard disc and stash it somewhere safe, though.

Your newly accu-simmed P-51 will keep you occupied plenty in the coming months!

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Yeah____ I just flew my P-51 for the first time with Accu-Simm out of Tampa, Fla. Quite a difference in the way the airplane handled. It's still too sensitive on the controls. (aileron, rudder and elevator). Makes it a real challenge. :D Thanks again for all your help. Pete

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Just make sure you read the manual, set your trim tabs properly for takeoff and flight, accelerate at a steady rate on takeoff and keep your feet dancing to maintain the center of the runway. After a few dodgy takeoffs it will become second nature. Have fun! :D

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Just purchased the basic programs for the p-47 and J-3 Cub. I downloaded them and installed OK but there was no provision to purchase a backup disk. I tried to burn the downloaded files but couldn't do it. How do I get backups for those files? :D

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”