P 47 Maintenance Hanger

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
HawkerHunter82
Airman Basic

P 47 Maintenance Hanger

Post by HawkerHunter82 »

I would like to know what kind of maintenance you are able to do on the P 47 expansion pack with accusim. am I only able to overhaul the engine?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P 47 Maintenance Hanger

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The P-47 does not have hangar maintenance and overhauling the engine and recording of engine hours is all you can do , they may update this in a future for P3Dv4 version , but dont bank on that, otherwise the aircraft which is made for FSX does work in both FSXA/SE and P3Dv3 BUT AT YOUR OWN RISK IN P3Dv3.
Its a very nice aircft , but does take some getting used to , to get the best performance from it , DONT use the booster below 10 to 16000ft else your engine will get damaged.
Also why post same message twice , once in the P-51 forum and once in correct P47 forum.
regards alan. 8)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P 47 Maintenance Hanger

Post by Skycat »

The P-47D is one of the earliest AccuSim products and it was released before the interactive maintenance hangar was introduced. The Thunderbolt's maintenance hangar only allows a complete overhaul, unfortunately. One of the other popup menus (Shift+2 I think) updates you on mechanical problems but you can't repair individual components and let others continue to accumulate wear.

I still highly recommend the P-47, if only for its accurate modeling of the turbo system which essentially defines the Thunderbolt.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”