Electrical Panel Oil Cooler

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
THibben
Staff Sergeant

Electrical Panel Oil Cooler

Post by THibben »

I can't get the Oil Cooler or Intercooler switches to work. If I move the cursor to the left side of the panel I may get one of the switches to work. But this causes most of the rest of the switches on the other side of the panel to be inoperative.

Are there any key switches that can be used or some other way to operate them?
I hope someone has some ideas.

I am using basic FSX and have Accu-sim installed which was installed after the basic plane. Both the plane and Accu-sim have had all of the latest updates installed.

Thanks,

Tom

Problem solved. I found you could work these from one of the pop up menus.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Re: Electrical Panel Oil Cooler

Post by Chunk »

The battery has to be on, and they have to be held in the open or close position. Seems like used the workaround in the pop-up panel though.

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Chunk,

My problem was I couldn't get the switches to operate from the panel. I could get one to work but not both. I could never get all of the switches on the panel to work at the same time. I had to move the panel around. My battery was on.

Thanks for the thought.

Tom

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tom,

Are you moving your eyepoint around in the virtual cockpit at all? If you've accidentally moved it so that it intersects with the geometry of the 3D model, this may explain clickspots becoming unresponsive.

Thanks,
Nick

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Tom,

Are you moving your eyepoint around in the virtual cockpit at all? If you've accidentally moved it so that it intersects with the geometry of the 3D model, this may explain clickspots becoming unresponsive.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I am not sure what you mean by "moving your eye point". But it seems to be fixed now and I can use all switches.

Thanks,

Tom

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Tom,

Using any of the keys or key combinations to move your view around in FSX can sometimes put you “outside” of the model so that , although you can see a switch, you can’t action the switch with the mouse pointer. This is really common when using a view-tracker like TrackIR or the like.

Keep your mouse pointer on the switch and adjust your viewpoint to see when it becomes actionable again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, a common one Ive come across over the years is the headrest one. It occurs when you move the eye point too far back and end up into the seat headrest. This gives you a wide view but immediately makes all click spots in the view unworkable as you are 'inside' the seat.

Its one of those old classic Microsoft bugs that's also a feature of the platform.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”