VC Lag on Animation

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
SSWT
Airman Basic

VC Lag on Animation

Post by SSWT »

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help - just bought the P-47 and taken it for a quick 0.4 to get my hand in. Wonderful to have an A2A machine again. However, I've noticed that while I get a consistent 40fps locked throughout flying, anytime an animation is triggered in the VC (canopy, gear, flaps and even brakes!) the Sim freezes for a few seconds before carrying on. Has anyone else experienced this as its tends to ruin the immersion a little!

Spec wise I'm running an I5-3470, 3.2ghz, 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX 1650 and don't experience this issue with any other model.

Hoping its a straightforward fix, otherwise I'll learn to deal with it!

Thanks,

Seb

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: VC Lag on Animation

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Seb and welcome to the A2A forums.

This is an unusual issue, but to start off with, please can you download and run the latest Accu-Sim update from here if you haven't already done so.

Is the P-47 currently the only A2A aircraft which you have installed for FSX?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SSWT
Airman Basic

Post by SSWT »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick response. I hadn't run that update but have now and still finding this to be an issue. It is also happening on take off/touchdown. I wonder if its connected to some sound effects? I generally run the sim without audio. I did try to turn accusim off to test this but it won't switch off as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

SSWT
Airman Basic

Post by SSWT »

Forgot to add - no other A2A aircraft installed.

Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Seb,

Thanks for the info. Yes, an issue with sounds being played would be one culprit, as each of the animations are linked to a sound effect, as is touchdown.

Have you checked that your audio drivers are up to date? Most motherboards used Realtek audio chips, unless you have a separate sound card etc.

Finally, have you tried creating an exclusion for any antivirus software which may be running on your system?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SSWT
Airman Basic

Post by SSWT »

HI Nick,

Thanks for confirming a sound issue. I’ve managed a temporary fix of moving the Accusim sound files which given I don’t run the sim with sound is no issue for me. Now runs beautifully and I can’t wait to get a proper sortie in over the weekend!

When I have more time I will try the other fixes. Any idea why accusim won’t switch off?

Thanks,

Seb

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Seb. Good if that works for you. Can you elaborate a bit though when you say Accu-Sim "won't switch off"? Do you mean the click spot in the Shift 3 panel doesn't respond?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”