F4U Civilian Cockpit?

The US WWII front line fighter in the Pacific
new reply
Badger85
Airman Basic

F4U Civilian Cockpit?

Post by Badger85 »

Hi all,

This is my first post here, but I have been a fan of A2A products for quite a while. I recently purchased the AF F4U and have a question. I love the aircraft but would like to fly it as a VFR/IFR aircraft on VATSIM. Does anyone know of a civilian cockpit mod for the AF F4U that would allow comm radios and/or nav radios (kind of like the default FSX civilian P-51)?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Alex "Badger85"

Check out my aviation-related video channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlexsFlyingClub/

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Re: F4U Civilian Cockpit?

Post by mountainhighair »

The Corsair cockpit is 100% 3D modeling and does not use gauge files like many aircraft models do. So the bottom line is that the cockpit is not very editable. The only way to get the radios you want is to create pop-ups (shift + X). This can be done in a "panel.cfg" file. I don't have the time to do a tutorial here but the info is out there already. If there are pop-up radios and instruments that you like in other aircraft it is possible to create a panel.cfg file for the Corsair that will allow these same pop-ups.

Check out the FSX SDK files to learn more about pop-ups. >>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\SimObject Creation Kit\Panels and Gauges SDK\Panel Configuration Files.htm

new reply

Return to “F4U Corsair”