Corsair sound

The US WWII front line fighter in the Pacific
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Corsair sound

Post by dvm »

Down loaded this sound file the other day. I think I like it better than the default. I am flying the racers version as I like the flight dynamics better. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... 290&page=5

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Corsair sound

Post by Scott - A2A »

Thanks for the post dvm,

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

The link in my first post does not work any longer. Try this one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... fid=182250

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Has anyone tried this sound set yet ? I have been flying it for about a week and have discovered some great detail. At around 30 inches and 2200 you can hear some great mechanical details. I believe I am hearing the rods rattling a little. At any rate I like this sound set. The price was right, like my favorite beer and meal..free ! Just did a site seeing flight around Bowerman WA (ORBX KHQM) as real as it gets in my opinion.

buster_dee
Airman

Post by buster_dee »

For what it's worth, P47 had turbocharged R-2800, so it's exhaust was probably more muffled due to ducting. Most versions of F4U had mechanical supercharged R-2800, so their exhaust note likely differed (more sharp crack and pop). Can't speak to mod, as have not downloaded it yet, but the stock A2A sounds seem to represent difference pretty well to me.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

buster_dee wrote:For what it's worth, P47 had turbocharged R-2800, so it's exhaust was probably more muffled due to ducting. Most versions of F4U had mechanical supercharged R-2800, so their exhaust note likely differed (more sharp crack and pop). Can't speak to mod, as have not downloaded it yet, but the stock A2A sounds seem to represent difference pretty well to me.
Thanks for the info. I have no experience flying a real Corsair or a P47 as do the majority of simmers. So if you like the sound of this free download better than the default why not use it. Sound is an important immersion factor in non motion simulation so how it makes you feel is more important than absolute accuracy. Not sure how the P47 snuck into this discussion but I'm game for any discussion related to WWII warbirds. :D

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... fid=182250
Cheers

buster_dee
Airman

Post by buster_dee »

I'm no "real" pilot either; I quit flying puddle-jumpers after impacting trees. But I was a mechanic in my distant youth, and I love good, accurate engine sounds. Sorry for barging in.

new reply

Return to “F4U Corsair”