Who would like to see an Aircraft Factory V2.0 Corsair?

The US WWII front line fighter in the Pacific
new reply
mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Who would like to see an Aircraft Factory V2.0 Corsair?

Post by mountainhighair »

I'm creating this post to give everyone the chance to show their interest in an update for the Corsair. I totally understand that it's just not feasible to add it to the Accu-Sim pile of work on A2A's desk, but I would think a revamp of the original release would be quite practical. The F4U Corsair is one of the most popular warbirds of all time, and if the Aircraft Factory is looking for a simple way to boost sales through the roof, I think a version 2 of their awesome Corsair model would be an easy way to pull that off.

Lots of folks like to have a modern version of warbirds, such as the cockpit/instrument panel and pilot. That would be the easy part. An F4U-4 and dedicated racing version (stripped of all wing pylons, etc) would also be very popular. The addition of an Alpha Channel (chrome) ability for paints is paramount.

The existing model is fabulous, but there is some competition in the FS world for the Corsair now. Personally, I would rather support A2A since they share the same vision as many of us do.

How say you? What changes or additions would you like to see in the AF Corsair? (Keep it realistic) :)

I created this post for the community to voice their opinion and interest in the Aircraft Factory Corsair. Please leave a comment in order to show interest in the AF Corsair. A lack of comments will tell them it's not worth the effort. I will leave it at that...

John

taiwest
Airman Basic

Re: Who would like to see an Aircraft Factory V2.0 Corsair?

Post by taiwest »

I would definitely purchase the fruits of that endeavor!

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I created this post in hopes that there would be a big response and nudge the Aircraft Factory folks into creating an update, but without much response I won't blame anyone in the A2A camp for ignoring such a venture. That said, I have been working on the AF Corsair inside and out and should at least be able to offer a new set of paint kit files for the exterior, as well as interior. I've gone hog-wild downloading photos from the internet and examining color schemes, shading, lighting, paint chips, drink spills, etc. I have a good modern paint scheme I am using for myself and will be uploading a paint kit for it in the near future. Currently experimenting with bumpmaps and finding out the who and why-for of it all...

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

Well, since Milviz (who did the original 3d model and licensed it to A2A for FSX) announced that their new and updated version will now be P3D v2.0 only, I guess there is room for an updated and improved F4U-1 packaged by A2A, should they decide so. :D

I was looking forward to the Milviz updated model, but at the moment, I only have FSX. :(

Cheers

Paul

monica6211
Staff Sergeant

Post by monica6211 »

I would love an updated version. I am very happy with the one I have, but any improvements would certainly be welcome. I am definitely interested.
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

A refined second generation F4U Corsair would be nice and I would buy it.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :)

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

I would love an accusim corsair.
The F4U has always been on my short list of favorites.
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I have reworked the graphics for the Corsair inside and out, available at my website if you click my banner below (Simulated Creations). This is only a graphical make-over and nothing to do with flight dynamics or the physical 3D model.

John

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

If you download/use any of my repaints, they also feature re-worked graphics inside and out.

- John Terrell
John Terrell

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

John, the work you and Jankees do just blows my mind. I could never put out so many repaints as you do. Not just the repaints, but your passion for aviation and experience is something I look up to.

John

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Here's a bit of input to A2A about favorite warbirds from a source outside of A2A.

https://twitter.com/PlanesofFame/status ... 1328311298

john.downen.1
Airman

Post by john.downen.1 »

My overall favorite plane!

John

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
This aircraft i would buy if updated , last time i flew one of these aircraft was in ms combat sim 2.
It was a difficult aircraft to fly due to that long nose giving bad fwd vision during landing and takeoff and that gull wing made it very hard to control in dog fights, i know the reason why it was designed with a gull wing , and it was because it was designed for carrier use from the start , which required stronge landing gear hence the short stubby gear , but then they needed prop clearance , hence the gullwing design , but this ment it was awkward to fly in combat manouvers , and could stall easy.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “F4U Corsair”