AF Corsair rocket default setting

The US WWII front line fighter in the Pacific
new reply
mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

AF Corsair rocket default setting

Post by mountainhighair »

This post is for changing the visual setting for the Aircraft Factory F4U-1D rockets toggle. This is an ON/OFF default toggle setting edit.

The code for ALL of the Corsair variants is located within the "F4U-1A /panel/af_f4u" folder. The target file is "code.xml".

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, COPY THIS FILE TO ANOTHER FOLDER AND RENAME IT!

This is your only copy of this file, aside from having to reinstall the Corsair (unless you already have your AF Corsair backed up, which I recommend for any payware aircraft). Sometimes, when aircraft are installed, they have redundant files of this type installed in each folder for each variant. This is not the case for the AF Corsair. The other variants look for this one file within the F4U-1A /panel/ folder. It does not affect the "A" version of the Corsair since it does not have rockets, but this one file does control them all.

I did say COPY the file. Don't CUT & PASTE the file. However you rename it doesn't matter as long as you remember what it is. After renaming it you can cut & paste back into the original folder. (I renamed mine to "codexml.BAK").

Once it's backed up, you are free to screw it up to your liking. My personal preference is to screw it up by switching the rockets visual setting. You WILL be able to turn the rockets back on. This code only sets the "default" setting for the secret "RECEPT" switch in the cockpit on the right console that controls the rockets "on/off" visual setting.

Save the file and you are done.

Follow these instructions at your own risk. I am not liable for any problems connected with editing any files on your computer.

new reply

Return to “F4U Corsair”