Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
ampharoah
Airman

P51 VAS leak?

Post by ampharoah »

Hello,

Can anyone please advise.

I am having some strange VAS issues with my recently purchased P51 Mustang Civ. It appears to place a very high VAS load on startup (typically procexp reports approx 3,000,000k used when the P51 is first loaded compared to 1,980,000k when the Comanche is first loaded for example!).

When I then move around using the EZCA camera views that I have created, this figure rises very quickly. Likewise, even if I load the P51 and just leave FSX running with the P51 sitting C&D at Friday Harbor completely unattended, the VAS figure slowly creeps up by about 100,000k per half hour . I have a large fleet and have only previously seen this behavior in the past with FSLabs ConcordeX.

I have of course done all the usual stuff to minimise VAS usage (Scenery Config editor managed scenery minimisation, minimum AI, L Radius settings etc etc) but this appears to be a VAS hungry model that doesn't like EZCA or even just sitting around.

Haven't noticed this behavior with my A2A C172 and A2A Comanche. Both start up with much lower VAS numbers and don't creep up. I have FSX Acc on very high spec PC, running Win 7. and EZCA v1.17. Likewise all my other aircraft ConcordeX excluded, behave fine - low VAS on start and no creep up over time.

Any advice please?

FOLLOW-UP NOTE: I have discovered by experimentation that this has nothing to do with A2A's P51, and everything to do with ORBX Friday Harbor. Default FSX Trike reads 3,000,000k too! Can't understand why ORBX Friday Harbor is so VAS hungry tho? Other ORBX airports seem to work fine so far........

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”