Question about your wonderfull Piper Cub for P3Dv4

Born to fly
new reply
bstikkel
Airman Basic

Question about your wonderfull Piper Cub for P3Dv4

Post by bstikkel »

Hello A2A,

Following the license roules found in your shop, I would be allowed to buy a Academic prized Piper Cub. I would simfly it only as hobby. However, I do have P3Dv4 Professional.
Does the academic license version work in P3Dv4 Professional, or are the licenses-types hard locked to P3Dv4 licenses ?
Thanks for clearing this up.

Kind regards!
Bram Stikkel

bstikkel
Airman Basic

Re: Question about your wonderfull Piper Cub for P3Dv4

Post by bstikkel »

Hello Bladerunner900,
Thank you very much for this clear answer!
Kind regards!
Bram

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

You're just not allowed to have any fun while flying it!

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Paughco wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 23:34 You're just not allowed to have any fun while flying it!
Hi. What do you mean by not allowed to have any fun? I also have Pro P3D and Academic Cub. Is the "fun part'" something that I may want to upgrade the Cub for?
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

plicpriest1
Airman

Post by plicpriest1 »

curtis72561 wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 05:39
Paughco wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 23:34 You're just not allowed to have any fun while flying it!
Hi. What do you mean by not allowed to have any fun? I also have Pro P3D and Academic Cub. Is the "fun part'" something that I may want to upgrade the Cub for?
Perhaps he is refering to the fact that P3D is not a game. It is a simulation software meant for training. Unlike FSX or others, I believe P3D advertises itself as a "professional" software, meaning that individuals and organizations are to use it to teach, learn, plan, and evaluate. Something like that. Since I am a pilot, and pilots are always learning- I use academic license. Of course it could all be tongue in cheek!

Now im pretty sure that the cub is the "fun part"! Those tundra tires take some getting used to!!!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, its a bit of a running Flight simmer joke. Tongue firmly in cheek.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Lewis has it right. We discuss this requirement to not have fun while flying under bridges, buzzing towers, etc. on our multiplayer flights. :D :D

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

plicpriest1 wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 10:34
curtis72561 wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 05:39
Perhaps he is refering to the fact that P3D is not a game. It is a simulation software meant for training. Unlike FSX or others, I believe P3D advertises itself as a "professional" software, meaning that individuals and organizations are to use it to teach, learn, plan, and evaluate. Something like that. Since I am a pilot, and pilots are always learning- I use academic license. Of course it could all be tongue in cheek!

Now im pretty sure that the cub is the "fun part"! Those tundra tires take some getting used to!!!
Ah I get it. It's supposed to be for learning not playing :lol:. Sense I'm learning and not teaching.... Good so I'm not missing anything using academic.

Yes I agree on the tundra tires. I bounce it like a ball every time.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

dhasdell
Airman

Post by dhasdell »

So to be absolutely clear, I have the professional license, but I can use the academic version without problems as long as I only fly for fun but don't actually have any fun? Is that right?
Rats! Why doesn't anything work properly first time?

chacal
Airman

Post by chacal »

Fun is not part of the :p3d: academic license. Fun users will be prosecuted.
Ludwik

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

the license rules is a bit tricky, at least if you don't live in the US.
The only persons that can legally use the Academic versions are: Undergraduate Students and K-12 Students

K-12 Student Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%E2%80%9312
Undergraduate Student: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undergraduate_education

But we can all use the professional version for Training, Instruction, Simulation, Learning. I don't live in the US BTW, that is why I looked it up....
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”