Accu-sim and A2A

Find or share aviation knowledge
new reply
whskymkr
Airman Basic

Accu-sim and A2A

Post by whskymkr »

I am new here. I really don't know how all this works.I have the latest microsoft flight sim and enjoy it but my son-inlaw flys a T-6 and I want to learn to fly it. I've been up with him in the back seat and know the basics but would love to hone my knowledge of the flying of this aircraft. Can someone tell me what I need to do and how A2A all works?
Cheers!

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim and A2A

Post by ratty »

whskymkr wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 13:55 I am new here. I really don't know how all this works.I have the latest microsoft flight sim and enjoy it but my son-inlaw flys a T-6 and I want to learn to fly it. I've been up with him in the back seat and know the basics but would love to hone my knowledge of the flying of this aircraft. Can someone tell me what I need to do and how A2A all works?
Cheers!
For gaining real familiarity with the aircraft you won't do better than A2A's simulation of it. Unfortunately, to fly it you'll need either Microsoft's FSX, nowadays available through Steam, or Lockheed Martin's P3D, since it will probably be a long time before it shows up in MSFS 2020, if ever.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim and A2A

Post by Paughco »

Whskymkr (cool moniker, by the way): As Ratty sez, you'll need P3D or FSX to fly the A2A T-6. I have P3D v5 and fly her from time to time. Last flight was yesterday, with the A2A Misfit Squadron. We raced our A2A T-6s, P-51s, and even J-3 Cubs at Reno Stead. Man, that was a hoot!

Watch this YouTube video posted by Scott Gentile, the Commander in Chief of A2A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJ6fPJhuZQ&t=14s.

Here's one I watch when getting ready for a flight, if I haven't flown her in a while: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UZmEhayBVI&t=13s.

Hope to see you in the skies.
ATB

new reply

Return to “Flight Academy”