oil consumption working ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
denisgerard
Airman

oil consumption working ?

Post by denisgerard »

Hello,

I don't know if it's a normal issue, but my piper cub is not consume oil at all. Every times i check oil, it's full. May be i must wait for more engine frame hours? (my cub's frame hours is about 5.1).
French man.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: oil consumption working ?

Post by ROB - A2A »

The oil level is stored with saved flight.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

Hi.

I've noticed that my Cub doesn't consume any oil. It always has all the blocks for the oil full. I click on the refill after every flight "just in case" it has consumed some.
ROB - A2A wrote:The oil level is stored with saved flight.

regards
ROB
Rob. Does that mean it will only consume oil over time if I save after every flight? And. Does the Cub's oil automatically get refilled at the end of and/or start of every FSX session?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Similary to radio battery and fuel tank, you always start new free flight with full oil tank. But you can save the flight you've just finished and later load this particular flight to continue journey, everything in the plane will be just as you left it.
Michael Krawczyk

zachenbacher
Airman First Class

Post by zachenbacher »

Hi there,

my fuel switch is always in the on-position when I start FSX with an earlier piper flight.

Anybody else seen this?

Denis

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

some1 - A2A wrote:Similary to radio battery and fuel tank, you always start new free flight with full oil tank. But you can save the flight you've just finished and later load this particular flight to continue journey, everything in the plane will be just as you left it.
Thanks some1. :) I'll save my flights from now on.
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

denisgerard
Airman

Post by denisgerard »

Strange situation isn't it? I saved my flight, but no oil consumption again and bagages disappeared after reloading flight. Wait and see.

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

denisgerard wrote:Strange situation isn't it? I saved my flight, but no oil consumption again and bagages disappeared after reloading flight. Wait and see.
if you tied it down before saved, next time you must reload the baggege area, or the guest passenger side..

that's normal to every FS9,FSX planes..

BUT! if you setting this things up in the FSX plane weights area (fuel, baggage, pass settings)
maybe it will be use it....... may be

i think it's realistic, when you reload your flight (on the ground) then loading up your plane with extra fuel, with Heidi, and with your butt (i hope that not a hard expression in english:)

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

ALL items should load up as in previously saved flight. If they do not, something is wrong. Newly created flight brings you fresh aircraft (except for the engine).

Don't touch that standard FS payload and fuel menu. If you're forced to, something is wrong again.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tart
Airman

Post by Tart »

ROB - A2A wrote:ALL items should load up as in previously saved flight. If they do not, something is wrong. Newly created flight brings you fresh aircraft (except for the engine).
regards
ROB
I'm experiencing this problem (for B17 as well). I always save flights and then I load them only fuel levels are correct. I didn't pay attention to it before, since I was planning to buy a new computer and thought that this problem will go away. But it is still here on a new computer.

For example I start flight - parked in the airport. Select cold-start. Save. Exit. Load. Aircraft untied, fuel cut off is open. I double check and I do have all appropriate settings according to manual (such as automixture and such). After long flights - no oil consumption at all - always full.

How can I fix it?

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

I experienced exactly the same problem -- no oil consumption at all even after many hours of flight. And every flight was saved, and reloaded during next flight. Only thing I did was to select "Cold & Dark" start. Could this be the cause of the oil re-topping to full again (when it shouldn't)? It sure didn't affect the fuel level at all.

Any advice anyone?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

All oils and oxy are used when I fly the B-17.
I never save flights I finish all flights your aircraft will be how u left it with or with out fuel/oil.
Saving flights will put you back to where the levels where and if u hadn't finished your flight and hardly used any fuel/oil then that is how it will load
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Problem identified !

Loading a saved flight indeed carry forward all previous settings, BUT selecting cold & dark to start off will reset Oil level to full (this is certainly not right). Fuel level remains unaffected.

Therefore, do not use cold & dark to start.

Tart
Airman

Post by Tart »

I use FSPassengers and it saves flights correctly. For example I park, fuel selector off, tie down, lock controls. Unload passengers - it saves after load everything as I left it.
If now save myself - and load, settings are not saved (fuel selector will be on, airplane untied, controls unlocked).

Zgredd
Senior Airman

Post by Zgredd »

Is there any possibility, there will be a patch for Cube bringing plane "memory", as B17 and Spit, where they can remember Fuel and Oil status without saving the flight?

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”