oil consumption working ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Re: oil consumption working ?

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

it's a bit confusing here: I learned not to save flights with complex (A2A) aircraft within FSX and reload them because of possible odd behaviour. So I did and never had problems with the persistance of the A2A birds when loading the default flight and then loading the A2A aircraft (I know there are differences between the Accusim versions also with the persistance system). Only exception I remember was the B17 because she definitely didn't hold several things between FSX sessions (e.g. the TBO setting in the hangar).

The Cub seems to keep engine hours between sessions even if one does not save the flight (dat-file). All other obvious things are gone: payload, fuel level, switches etc. For me a very important question is if the oil level is persistant if the flight's not saved. Please could somebody give a definite answer here. I find it's hard to fly a dozen hours and then finding out the oil consumption is not taken over to the next flights.

On the other hand: Why not just saving flights an reloading it next time when this gives full persistance? I didn't have any issues doing so with the B17. Could somebody please comment on that? Does it harm the A2A-/Cub-behaviour when saving and loading the Cub?

By the way: If you shut her down you can see the oil temp decreasing quite fast. I think it takes only a few minutes to cool down from 100° to 40°. That seem to be quite fast even with a small engine like this.

Thanks in advance,
Zacke

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

If you save a flight with the Cub there‘s a pj3 file in the FSX document folder. Hadn‘t time to check that but maybe that‘s the key to the persistance thing.

Zacke

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Ok, tested that one:

Saving a flight with the Cub creates besides the known dat-file an additional pj3 file in the fsx documents folder. Reloading that flight gives back all parameters: engine hours, oil level, fuel level, radio bat level, frequencies, payload incl. passenger, tie down, control lock an cockpit switches.

The only quirk I've found: Parking and saving the Cub not on tarmac - i.e. on gras besides taxiway - gives a bump on reload an the tie down and the payload figures are gone. Everything else is still persistant.

Regards,
Zacke

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”