downloading Accu-Sim for the Wings of Silver Piper J-3 Cub

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rviapres
Airman

downloading Accu-Sim for the Wings of Silver Piper J-3 Cub

Post by rviapres »

Last week while on vacation I purchased the Accu-Sim for the Wings of Silver Piper J-3 Cub. The first time I downloaded it on my laptop it did not seem to have downloaded, so I did it again. My account showed two downloads and I still could not see that it had actually downloaded. I asked for help and was told to use this forum. I gave up for the moment. Now I am back from vacation and I have compared what is on my laptop computer with what is on my desktop computer. It seems that the download on my laptop worked partially, but not completely. When I compared what is on the laptop I notice that the J-3 Cub has an oar on the floats and when I check the controls it has a place to activate Accu-Sim but the arrows for moving the Cub are there but not active. The J-3 Cub on my desktop computer does not have the oar and under Controls after Accu-Sim it merely says "n/a".

What do I need to do to make the download complete on my laptop? I assume that when I attempt the download on my desktop I will have to use the same process to make the download complete. Dave :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: downloading Accu-Sim for the Wings of Silver Piper J-3 C

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Dave,

It sounds like whatever browser you have is hiding your downloads and not asking you where to save to. I'm sure if you go I to your browser settings you will find the location of where files are saved too.

As for the other bits make sure you download both the aircraft and the Accu-sim. + there's also the patch which upgrades the cu. and adds a bunch of new features.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rviapres
Airman

Post by rviapres »

Lewis - Thanks for the quick reply, but I don't think the problem is where the download is in my browser. It seems like the Accu-Sim did "sort of" download. As I said, in the controls window you can turn Accu-Sim on and off. I finally got the directional arrows to work when the J-3 is on the ground and the engine is off. However, the hand-prop feature does not work and Heidi is silent all the time. I also found a paddle on the float plane version but nothing happens when I click on it even when it has landed and is at the dock. Why would some features work and others not work?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Did you download the AccuSim installer or attempt to 'run' the installation from where it is hosted?

You will need to download the installer package. I think it will be in a ZIP or RAR file when fully downloaded. It will probably go to your Windows "Downloads" folder by default. I usually save all my downloads to my desktop for easy installation.

Find the download and unzip/unRAR the executable file, just like you did when you installed the base J3 Cub model. As the files begin to install, there should be an A2A splash screen and probably a dialogue box that says the installer is verifying that you have the J3 Cub installed on your computer, etc.

There might be a specific update patch for the AccuSim Cub but I don't think the Core Update patch affects the Cub at all, in any manner. That might be worth confirming before you download the CU and try to install it because the CU patch is a fairly large download.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes the update for the cub is here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 62&t=19734

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

grognard
Airman Basic

Re: downloading Accu-Sim for the Wings of Silver Piper J-3 Cub

Post by grognard »

Please ignore this post. I finally located the correct link.

I clicked the link in this forum to download the Accu-Sim update for the J3 Cub, but received this message: "You are not authorised to read this forum." I purchased and installed the Cub and the Accu-Sim file on 1/2/22 and have Accu-Sim enabled on the Shift+3 dialog box. I don't have the oar for the seaplanes, and I see the Accu-Sim installer is dated 2009, so I guess I need the update. Seems like the update (or a link to it) should have been included in the purchase. Can you help?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: downloading Accu-Sim for the Wings of Silver Piper J-3 Cub

Post by Skycat »

Grognard, it looks like you got this sorted out. The OP is for the FSX version I think, and from a time when the aircraft base model and its associated Accu-sim expansion were sold separately. Now that the modules are sold combined, you should only have to run the updater (in P3D) or the latest Accu-sim Core Update package (in FSX).
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”