no chance to get her off the water

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

no chance to get her off the water

Post by MarcE »

Hi guys, hey Lewis, I got something after that scarily quiet time =)

first off, she.. IS... BEAUTIFUL! Heidi too, but I mean the Cub! Big heart for the little airplane =)

But whatever I do, I can't takeoff in the water having Active Sky activated. I have around 100hours in the "old" floated Cub in FSX/P3Dv3 and I know quite well what I (have to) do but I really need some help.

I'm sitting in the water in the Vancouver area and have a surface wind of 120/9kts (Active Sky). She hangs in the water with a banking of approx 10° left, sometimes even ditching the wing tip. When I set full throttle and pull the stick she speeds up and tries to get on the step but the left float simply can't get above the water surface. Full right stick does nothing except creating some drag on the left side (at least it seems so).

Additionally only a little throttle and minor movement already creates a LOT of spraying water on the right side and my PC performance literally dies to a slide show. It's better when I get some speed.

I've turned off AS and she almost immediately lifted off.

Heidi 58kg, pilot 77kg, full fuel and floats mean a terrible performance, I'm aware of that.. But something's not right there. I'll do some checks without Heidi though.

Thanks for the amazing Cub anyway, even IF there are any bugs hidden I still have wheels and skis :D

Marc

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: no chance to get her off the water

Post by TymK »

Hi Marc,

It probably won't be that helpful, but I've had my fair share of issues with AS when it comes to bad behavior near the surface, be it water or runway. Have you tried looking at the "Debug" window in AS to see what's happening? From my experience, it tends to do weird things with updrafts/downdrafts near the ground, so perhaps try limiting/disabling those in the settings.

HTH,
Tym

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Hi again,

it was FSUIPC. I removed the FSUIPC.ini and let it rebuild, the aircraft behaviour is solved!

Tym,

yes the AS up- and downdrafts are weird sometimes, I alread have them disabled at all. All above with RealTurb they don't get along too well.

Anyway, I wish A2A could reduce the spray effect, even slow movements on water create effect like I was going at TO speed.

Thanks =)

Marc

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

TymK wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:40 Hi Marc,

It probably won't be that helpful, but I've had my fair share of issues with AS when it comes to bad behavior near the surface, be it water or runway. Have you tried looking at the "Debug" window in AS to see what's happening? From my experience, it tends to do weird things with updrafts/downdrafts near the ground, so perhaps try limiting/disabling those in the settings.

HTH,
Tym
Tym,

Just a few minutes after I wrote the above the problems on the water reoccured, even with FSUIPC totally disabled. So I went and checked the settings in Active Sky and for some reason the up- and downdrafts have been reenabled at around 500fpm. setting them back to zero totally solved the issue!

Thanks for the heads up!

Marc

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

MarcE wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 18:08 Tym,

Just a few minutes after I wrote the above the problems on the water reoccured, even with FSUIPC totally disabled. So I went and checked the settings in Active Sky and for some reason the up- and downdrafts have been reenabled at around 500fpm. setting them back to zero totally solved the issue!

Thanks for the heads up!

Marc
Marc,

I'm glad this has worked for you, enjoy this beauty! :) I'm embarrassed to say I haven't gotten the new Cub yet, but I'm in the middle of an urgent project and you can guess what happens to the deadline if I install it now... :lol:

Cheers,
Tym

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TymK wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 18:15
MarcE wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 18:08 Tym,

Thanks for the heads :mrgreen: up!

Marc
Marc,

I'm glad this has worked for you, enjoy this beauty! :) I'm embarrassed to say I haven't gotten the new Cub yet, but I'm in the middle of an urgent project and you can guess what happens to the deadline if I install it now... :lol:

Cheers,
Tym
I would TOTALLY understand you XDD

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

MarcE wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:47 Anyway, I wish A2A could reduce the spray effect, even slow movements on water create effect like I was going at TO speed.
I'm looking into the effects at the moment and making some further changes and we'll get this out in the next update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 08:08
MarcE wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:47 Anyway, I wish A2A could reduce the spray effect, even slow movements on water create effect like I was going at TO speed.
I'm looking into the effects at the moment and making some further changes and we'll get this out in the next update.

Scott.
Thanks Scott =)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We tweaked these effects today and will get them out in an update shortly.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”