Cub weird setting

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
level135.lp
Airman

Cub weird setting

Post by level135.lp »

Hi,
First, sorry for my poor english, I hope my explanations will be clear enough.

I've been flying with this tremendous J-3 Cub P3D version for more than ten hours now, and I experience strange issues, when flying her.
I use to have my keyboard set on azerty, nobody is perfect, and when I load the Cub, after a while I realise that the keyboard have been automaticaly switch on qwerty.
As I use Saitek Yoke, Rudder and Throttle, some of my setting don't work any more and when I fly with the Cub on Float, each time I use the Yoke E button the water rudder is set or unset.
I use this E button as a shift fonction and I never set it to command the water rudder.

could you tell me what happen ? None of this issue happened with the other A2A planes I own.

Regards
Luc
:a2awhite:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cub weird setting

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Luc,

The Cub uses standard control inputs so should respond to yoke inputs in the same way as default aircraft. Are you using any software such as FSUIPC which has profiles for individual aircraft?

The J-3 uses the standard water rudder command in P3D too and by default this is Ctrl W. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by using the yoke E button.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

level135.lp
Airman

Post by level135.lp »

Hi Nick,

I use FSUIPC, but only to save flights, not more to set control inputs, I use Spad.Next to set control inputs to all my Saitek controlers.
The E button, called like that on the Spad.Next setting panel, is on the rear of the left side of the Saitek Yoke, you push it with index finger.

I know the default command of water rudder is Ctrl W, that's why I don't understand what's happened

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the additional info Luc.

I'm afraid there's not much I do to help you with the specifics of SPAD.neXt as I don't have any firsthand experience with the software, but it sounds like there's a control conflict somewhere in your profile for the Cub.

Do you know what command this E button is sending to the sim?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

level135.lp
Airman

Post by level135.lp »

I use this button as a switch to double some other button function.

I don't know how, but the issue about the water rudder is fixed, but I still have some troubles with the Cub.
Some keys on the keyboard stop to work.
And when I load a Cub on float saved flight it crashed against the dock every time.
Do you think the regedit could have keep some data trop a former Cub version ?

level135.lp
Airman

Post by level135.lp »

Hello Nick,
it seems FSUIPC was guilty as I uninstall it and everything seems to be ok now.

Regards
Luc

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”