CUB Update change...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Mustang01
Senior Airman

CUB Update change...

Post by Mustang01 »

Hey all, Just bought the cub for P3DV4 Last week, and absolutely love it. However, 0ne thing that I was super happy about (although maybe stupid to some) that they changed over the FSX Version was that the Pilot could now be taken out just by applying the tie downs and then taking them back off. in other words, you could have the pilot not there, WITHOUT also having the tie downs on. Just downloaded the update last night, and to my dismay now all of the sudden we're back to the FSX style of how the pilot ALWAYS shows in the cockpit and the only way to take him out is having the tie downs on. CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change this???? is there something I can edit in the aircraft cfg to be able to make the pilot figure disappear without having to have the thing tied down?? I know it sounds silly, but honestly for screenshot purposes this is driving me nuts!!! In a way, it kills the immersion for me. Please, lewis, nick, somebody..please, tell me I can change this!

Also, the outside engine sounds seemed to have been turned down. Ive got all the volume controls up including the accusim...is there A way I can adjust the something to make the engine a bit louder on the exterior views? It literally sounds like a lawn mower now compared to before the update. Im in love with this plane, I just want to be able to tweak a couple things.

If I cant change these things, is there a way I can just revert back to before the recent update (yes it drives me nuts that bad).
Image Image

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Re: CUB Update change...

Post by Mustang01 »

so, is there honestly NO way to fix this? maybe add a no pilot option like the mustang? nothing I can edit in the cfg?
Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Mustang01,

Apologies for the slightly delayed response.

Try replacing the following file in your installation...

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\a2a_piperj3\code_r.xml

...With this copy (I recommend you back up the original first). It should revert the previous pilot behaviour. I'm not able to test at present as I don't have access to P3D for a few days, but let me know.

There was no change to the external sound effects with the update. Also, the internal sounds haven't been changed in terms of volume; just compressed into a different format to allow more efficient playback.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Cool, Nick! Do you know if this was the only change?

Hook

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Hook,

All I've done here is to revert ROB's code change related to this behaviour (he's a bit tied up at present) to see if it helps Mustang01. There are no other changes if you wish to try it too. It's not an 'official' fix at this stage, just a quick attempt to address the OP's obvious dismay. :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Yup, it works. This is what I remember from the release version. Taking the tie-downs off doesn't automatically put in a pilot, you have to click on the empty pilot area in the Loading dialog. I like. :)

Thanks.

Hook

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

Hey Mustang01,

Apologies for the slightly delayed response.

Try replacing the following file in your installation...

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\a2a_piperj3\code_r.xml

...With this copy (I recommend you back up the original first). It should revert the previous pilot behaviour.
Hey Nick,

THANK YOU so much man!! Worked like a charm. really appreciate it! as far as the sounds, for whatever reason, a sound driver update did the trick. tried that when I noticed it wasnt just the cub, a few other planes had similar issues so it was definitely on my end :D
just a quick attempt to address the OP's obvious dismay. :)
For what its worth, i wasnt really ticked off or anything, it was just more of a bummer to see that it had gone back to needing the tie downs on. Im VERY impressed with the plane as a whole and am thankful to have it, she flys like a gem! Really want to say thank you to the entire A2A team for what you guys do. Its not to often you have a company with a truly awsome product AND the above and beyond customer service you guys have. Hope it wasnt too much of a pain..thanks again Nick!!!
Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey, you're welcome Mustang01 - appreciate you posting back to let us know the modified file worked for you. Great to hear that you're enjoying the Cub by the way and thanks for the kind words.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”