All Accusim sounds not working....

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
N602AC
Senior Airman

All Accusim sounds not working....

Post by N602AC »

Hi there, I bought the Cub for P3DV4 a few weeks ago. I installed it and fired up the sim. Engine sound working fine, but no other sounds. I specifically know the magnetos switch makes a certain sound, and it was silent. So I restarted the computer. Same thing, still no Accusim sounds.

I work a LOT and I just moved into a new riverfront condo with a view of Kennedy Space Center, so now several weeks later I have some time to try and fire up the Cub. Same problem. I checked the forums here and see there has been an update since I bought the Cub. I even saw the first thing in the changelog says it improved the Accusim sound engine. "Awesome!", I thought. Closed P3DV4, updated all my A2A products, fired up V4 again. The problem is still there. No sound. Only the engine sound.

So I'm checking my sound device settings, checked default devices, making sure the mixers are set right, etc. etc. I've tried cycling Accusim on and off in the Shift-3 menu, nothing. Tried scrolling the volume all the way down in the Shift-3 menu, still nothing. Checked P3D volume settings. Nothing. Tried pressing Q a few times. Nothing.

I seem to remember a while back there being an Accusim update that allows you to change which sound device the Accusim specific sounds come out of, but I can't find that anywhere either.

I don't know what else to do and I would reeeeeeallllllyyyyy like for this to work right!

Thanks in advance for any help. I can provide any information you need. I have to go back to work tomorrow so this short portion of today will probably be my only chance to use the Cub for the next week or so..

Dan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: All Accusim sounds not working....

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dan,

Please can you check if "OpenAL" is showed as being installed in the Windows list of apps and features.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 10:36 Hi Dan,

Please can you check if "OpenAL" is showed as being installed in the Windows list of apps and features.

Thanks,
Nick
Just did, and yes it is. It might be worth noting I have lots of Accusim stuff and have been using A2A Accusim products for somewhere around 6 or 7 years, this issue with the Cub is the only time this has happened.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for checking. So just to clarify, it's only the Cub which is missing the internal sounds? You can still hear them in your other A2A aircraft?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 11:57 Okay, thanks for checking. So just to clarify, it's only the Cub which is missing the internal sounds? You can still hear them in your other A2A aircraft?

Nick
Just restarted the PC, loaded up the Cub, no sounds besides the engine running sound.

Switched to the P51D Civilian, all sounds working as normal.

Yes, that's correct.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for confirming Dan. It's worth bearing in mind that the Accu-Sim sounds in the Cub are hard-coded to play through your default Windows audio playback device. They can't be assigned to another device as in the other 'core' Accu-Sim aircraft.

Please can you confirm which device you're using is also the Windows default?

Finally, please just double-check that volume control in Shift 3 and make sure it's back all the way to the right.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 12:19 Okay, thanks for confirming Dan. It's worth bearing in mind that the Accu-Sim sounds in the Cub are hard-coded to play through your default Windows audio playback device. They can't be assigned to another device as in the other 'core' Accu-Sim aircraft.

Please can you confirm which device you're using is also the Windows default?

Finally, please just double-check that volume control in Shift 3 and make sure it's back all the way to the right.

Cheers,
Nick
I have my main speakers set as the default playback device. I am using a 32" Vizio TV as a monitor, which is a secondary audio device used only for vPilot ATC audio output, and I have a Logitech USB headset as a secondary audio device, which I currently don't use for anything, just its microphone and as a holder for my TrackIR headset thing.

The volume slider is set to 100 percent and Accusim is turned ON.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm - we've ruled out the most obvious culprits in that case.

Please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default P3Dv4 scenario, and also if any antivirus software was running when you installed the J-3?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 12:32 Hmm - we've ruled out the most obvious culprits in that case.

Please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default P3Dv4 scenario, and also if any antivirus software was running when you installed the J-3?

Thanks,
Nick
Default P3DV4 scenario is the standard that comes with it, the default F22 at Eglin AFB.

No antivirus software.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - please can you verify that these two files are present in your installation:

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\PiperJ3\Sounds.pk
Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\A2A_PiperSound.dll

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

I just decided to try disabling the TV and the headset in the Windows playback devices settings, so that only the speakers are enabled as a playback device. Restarted P3DV4 and the problem is still there, even with only one audio device.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 12:37 Okay, thanks - please can you verify that these two files are present in your installation:

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\PiperJ3\Sounds.pk
Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\A2A_PiperSound.dll

Nick

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Just tried something else.

Worth noting I'm running Windows 7. I went to the security settings for the entire A2A folder in Documents, and set all the checkboxes for everything to "Full control" and restarted P3DV4.

No changes, the problem is still there.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - that all looks fine.

Please could you try reinstalling OpenAL using the standalone Windows installer available here: https://www.openal.org/downloads/.

It's possible the issue in your system is related to OpenAL not being able to work correctly for some reason. Please right click the oalinst.exe file and select "run as administrator"

Also, when you installed the Cub, do you recall if the included DirectX installer run successfully?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 12:54 Okay, thanks - that all looks fine.

Please could you try reinstalling OpenAL using the standalone Windows installer available here: https://www.openal.org/downloads/.

It's possible the issue in your system is related to OpenAL not being able to work correctly for some reason. Please right click the oalinst.exe file and select "run as administrator"

Also, when you installed the Cub, do you recall if the included DirectX installer run successfully?

Nick
Reinstalled OpenAL as instructed (I always run as administrator, learned that years ago lol)

DirectX installer had finished successfully when I installed the aircraft. Just to be sure, reran the DirectX installer.

No changes, the problem is still there :?

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”