J3 Cub Radio not functional

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
don.panini
Airman Basic

J3 Cub Radio not functional

Post by don.panini »

Hi everyone,

I just purchased the Cub for P3D v4. I installed the latest Update for the Cub. Now I noticed that the radio (shift 6) is not functional, although the 2D radio is displayed, it will not turn on when using the left knob. The right knob is not clickable. It remains non-functional through various restarts of sim and computer. I also confirmed that the radio was definetly working before the update. I also uninstalled the Cub and installed and updated it again.

Also - I don't know if the errors are related - I noticed an error when using the updater. It reads:

"Checking for Update - Invalid or missing updates configuration file. The first line of the .INI file should be ';aiu;'. It is possible that the content on the server does not match the updates configuration file URL."

This error is not always reproduceable ( I could update in the end). But maybe it helps you helping me figuring out where the problem is. I also own the Comanche, which works perfectly.

thanks and best regards,
Michael

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: J3 Cub Radio not functional

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Michael and welcome to the A2A forums.

The problem with downloading the update is caused by the unprecedented traffic levels on our file hosting system as a result of the recent P-40 giveaway. However, there's a copy of the latest Cub update hosted on Dropbox, so you can manually download the file from the link below and then run it like you would any other installer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lldfgsukwxs0g ... 0.exe?dl=1

For the issue you're experiencing with the radio, have you made sure its battery is charged? You can do this using the Shift 4 "Payload and Fuel Manager".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

don.panini
Airman Basic

Post by don.panini »

Thank you for the fast response. Ok, it uses battery. Well that explains it. If I only had read the manual thoroughly and not had just brushed over it. Thanks again!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Michael! Hope you enjoy the Cub and please drop us a line if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”