Cub in P3D v5: 'J-3 Check for Updates' gives 'Access denied'

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
hjcurtis
Airman

Cub in P3D v5: 'J-3 Check for Updates' gives 'Access denied'

Post by hjcurtis »

Can anyone tell me how to overcome the following issue?

I have the P3D v5 version of the Cub but when I run the 'Check for Updates' tool I get 'Access denied'.

My account is valid. This leaves me with downloading a new version each time a change is made but of course downloads are limited.

Thanks for any pointers!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cub in P3D v5: 'J-3 Check for Updates' gives 'Access denied'

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no need to re-download anything as the updates are via the updater not new installs.

If you get access denied have you tried running as administrator via right click run as admin. This is normally what happens as default but just in case somethings stopping it on your system worth a try. Also please check your anti-virus or anti-malware is not interrupting the update process.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hjcurtis
Airman

Post by hjcurtis »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the suggestions but alas no joy:
Run as administrator: Still got the message
AV off: Still got the message
Put the .exe in the Malwarebytes 'ignore' list and run as administrator with the AV off. Same result

I am seeing also 'This process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process' but CTRL+ALT+DEL reveals only one copy of the updater running.

I have other A2A add-ons and all worked OK but currently that's the only one installed. If it helps, when I first downloaded the Cub for v5 I accidentally started the install when the sim was running. I duly shut the installer down and reinstalled with the sim closed but is it possible that this might have screwed something up?

hjcurtis
Airman

Post by hjcurtis »

OK - so I think I've resolved it.

It appears that when I stopped the install, what happened was that the 'Check for updates' part got corrupted.

After a bit of fiddling I managed to get the Cub to update to the latest version and now all works correctly!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds like your AV live protection may have decided the updater was a threat and quarantined or blocked it. Anyway, good to hear you've managed to update the Cub successfully and if you have any further issues, please drop us a line.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”