Unable to change fuel/payload

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Unable to change fuel/payload

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Hi all,

Just purchased the J-3. When I bring up the fuel menu, I am unable to change weight of the pilot/passenger. Hitting the + button doesn't do anything and I can't seem to add a passenger either. The oil check on that page works though. I also tried to add pilot weight on the P3D default screen, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in A2A's screen nor does it keep the weight that I entered after pressing OK.

Any insight?
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Arofek
Airman Basic

Re: Unable to change fuel/payload

Post by Arofek »

BostonJeremy77 wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 02:14 Hi all,

Just purchased the J-3. When I bring up the fuel menu, I am unable to change weight of the pilot/passenger. Hitting the + button doesn't do anything and I can't seem to add a passenger either. The oil check on that page works though. I also tried to add pilot weight on the P3D default screen, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in A2A's screen nor does it keep the weight that I entered after pressing OK.

Any insight?
maybe you need an update viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jeremy,

Please could you just confirm if the Cub was installed with our own standalone installer, or via Orbx Central?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 12:55 Hi Jeremy,

Please could you just confirm if the Cub was installed with our own standalone installer, or via Orbx Central?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Sorry for the delay in response - I have been flying the Bonanza up until today and haven't touched the Cub until just now when the issue has resurfaced. It was your own standalone installer.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Arofek wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 08:37
BostonJeremy77 wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 02:14 Hi all,

Any insight?
maybe you need an update viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819
That update seems to be for P3D 1-3. I am on 5.1 and just recently installed the aircraft. I have also checked the Update tool and it confirmed the latest version.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for confirming that. This is slightly odd one. When you open the Shift 3 payload and fuel manager, is the mouse cursor changing to a hand with a + or - symbol inside when you hover it over the relevant button? If fact, could you grab a screenshot showing this panel as it appears in your installation and attach it to a post here?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 19:10 Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for confirming that. This is slightly odd one. When you open the Shift 3 payload and fuel manager, is the mouse cursor changing to a hand with a + or - symbol inside when you hover it over the relevant button? If fact, could you grab a screenshot showing this panel as it appears in your installation and attach it to a post here?

Thanks,
Nick
Hey Nick,

My pleasure. Yeah, there is NO hand on passenger OR baggage. I can't click on anything inside those boxes. It DOES show up for oil and fuel, but not for pax or baggage. Here is the screenshot.
Attachments
2021-01-22 (1).png
2021-01-22 (1).png (224.18 KiB) Viewed 6775 times
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for that Jeremy,

The panel looks fine. Actually, I think you may just need to remove the tie downs via the Shift 3 panel to get full control of the aircraft.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 06:00 Thanks for that Jeremy,

The panel looks fine. Actually, I think you may just need to remove the tie downs via the Shift 3 panel to get full control of the aircraft.

Cheers,
Nick
I mean, I have been able to fly it just fine, I simply can't add cargo or passengers. Are those functions locked when the tie downs are enabled? It's not THAT big of a deal to me - it flies absolutely amazing and is a joy. It's just a small detail, but I did wonder why I can't change those values.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I can check with the guys, but I suspect making changes to the aircraft weight with the tie downs in place is prevented so that the modelled concrete blocks sit on the ground properly. Also, it doesn't make much sense to jump in the pilot's seat before the tie downs are removed. If you remove them, can you check that you're able to add a pilot and change the fuel level?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 14:56 I can check with the guys, but I suspect making changes to the aircraft weight with the tie downs in place is prevented so that the modelled concrete blocks sit on the ground properly. Also, it doesn't make much sense to jump in the pilot's seat before the tie downs are removed. If you remove them, can you check that you're able to add a pilot and change the fuel level?

Cheers,
Nick
Will do! Got a perfect flight planned to test it out tonight. Only 35 nm to Corsica on my next world tour leg! Some nice views. Should be perfect in the Cub. Almost killed myself in the King Air 350 on the approach over the mountain into Marina di Campo... Oof.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 14:56 I can check with the guys, but I suspect making changes to the aircraft weight with the tie downs in place is prevented so that the modelled concrete blocks sit on the ground properly. Also, it doesn't make much sense to jump in the pilot's seat before the tie downs are removed. If you remove them, can you check that you're able to add a pilot and change the fuel level?

Cheers,
Nick
Happy to report that upon removing the tie downs, the payload adjustments work great! ;) Thanks as usual for all the help! This little bird is really fun!
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”